Snorkeling at Blue Lagoon

WillieD13

While on a cruise, I like to go snorkeling :D. I have read a lot of good things about Blue Lagoon, and a nice beach day would certainly be attractive as well, particularly if it has some decent snorkeling from the beach. I have not however, seen this particular aspect of Blue Lagoon addressed. Is there any snorkeling from the beach :confused:? Are there any reefs, rocky outcrops, or other fish attractant underwater structures easily reached from the beach :confused:, and are there any fish there :confused:, or is Blue Lagoon strictly a swimming type beach, with nothing but a sandy bottom for a couple hundred yards in all directions? Would it be worth taking my mask, snorkel, and fins, or would I be disappointed at not finding much underwater to see and photograph :(? If there is decent snorkeling available, how far from shore is it, how deep is it, etc? Details please, if you can.

While on a cruise, I like to go snorkeling :D. I have read a lot of good things about Blue Lagoon, and a nice beach day would certainly be attractive as well, particularly if it has some decent snorkeling from the beach. I have not however, seen this particular aspect of Blue Lagoon addressed. Is there any snorkeling from the beach :confused:? Are there any reefs, rocky outcrops, or other fish attractant underwater structures easily reached from the beach :confused:, and are there any fish there :confused:, or is Blue Lagoon strictly a swimming type beach, with nothing but a sandy bottom for a couple hundred yards in all directions? Would it be worth taking my mask, snorkel, and fins, or would I be disappointed at not finding much underwater to see and photograph :(? If there is decent snorkeling available, how far from shore is it, how deep is it, etc? Details please, if you can.

Snorkeling is not great here.. it's a sandy bottom and not much else.

It the future, when the other areas are reopened, I suspect other areas will be better.. but for now.. it's strictly novice.

If you are looking for a reef.. you'll need a boat tour.. such as Seahorse, flying cloud, sweetie pie or even the Sandy Toes tour to Rose Isalnd.

Archived