What's wrong with Dolphin deck?

ChrisB123

• 2 weeks later...

Never done anything other then an inside before and looking forward to being on the Dolphin deck in a couple of weeks. For me the view of the stars trumps any privacy concerns.

We've had Dolphin minis on the Ruby, the Caribbean and the Emerald and loved all of them!! What are some people doing out there that they are so worried about the privacy????? We've had some great conversations with the people above us on the rare occassions that we were out at the same time. Nothing below you but the waves when you look out. We were on the Carnival Conquest when she was brand new and apparently the couples on either side of us didn't realize that the plexiglass acted like a reflective mirror. We were drinking coffee on the deck one morning as the gentleman on one side of us came out in the buff to entice his wife....... and one afternoon the gentleman on the other side of us came out in his robe to "show" something to his wife who was reading on the deck. We quickly learned that anything and everything better be done on the other side of the glass doors! :o:p

We were on the Crown Princess last week and were in cabin D411. There's nothing wrong with Dolphin Deck at all! Yes, the people from above can see you, but you can see them, too! The only times we were really ever on the balcony was when we were going into a port. I liked having the uncovered balcony!!!!

We had a cabin on the Dolphin Deck on our first Princess cruise with the kids - to be honest, I like the Caribe decks better (half covered/half uncovered) but that's just me.

I got a great laugh about the underwear statement. :)

Love the comment about the "reflective glass" - thank goodness my husband and I realized it on one cruise before things went too far. :)

Archived