Western Carribean Sea Roughness

Hello,

I've been lurking for a bit and finally have joined and am posting. This is my first one...of many! I just booked today the April 16, 2006 6 nite Western Carib on the JOS. This is the Easter week cruise. It is me, my husband and our son (who will be 12 then). We've never been in the Western Carrib. How rough are the seas in April? We've done the Eastern Carrib and the 4 nite Disney Bahamas cruise.

Thanks!

We have done all...West, East, South, Bermuda and NYC to the Carribean.

The west is by far the calmest, and the water is the most beautiful.

I will say last summer after leaving Freeport and heading back to NYC, the water was so still I still am amazed by it. I have pics that I took where the was not even a ripple and the sun came up on the sea like the sea was a flat mirror. We saw turtles swimming and dolphin swimming, it was unbelievable.

But back to the west...this is where you will also be able to see the Flying Fish.

Our 2 Western trips were both cooler, winder, and rougher than our Southern trips. I think its just luck. You can have bad weather anytime anywhere. Were trying the western again next week. I'll let ya know.

We sailed on the Jewel 2/6-2/13 and we had moderately rough seas in the Western Caribbean itinerary. Although we had gentle seas for Key West to Cozumel to Costa Maya, the trip from Costa Maya to Grand Cayman, then GC back to Ft Lauderdale (which we went back around the west side of Cuba) were rather rough. We had 8-12 ft swells that caused many a relatively-stable person to stumble on-board. And when we tried to play miniature-golf, the winds were very strong. Articles of clothing were blowing away (caps and even sunglasses), bottles of soda were being tossed around. They had to close down the rock climbing wall because the seas were too choppy and the breeze was too strong. So, it depends and can vary from day to day.

Archived