You and your PCC and/or TA?

cacj

We have a great Personal Cruise Consultant with NCL. We had used a TA twice along the way, but always ended up with some sort of difficulties that couldn't be cleared up easily, and finally ended up working directly with NCL and our PCC.

I know that there are wonderful TA's out there, but we have never had the good fortune of finding one....but have found a great PCC.

I just wondered how many here have a great rapport with their PCC (and/or TA), and if you feel a sort of loyalty to him/her.

Additionally, I was wondering if NCL ever had or might consider creating some sort of promotion that acknowledged the relationship with a PCC, something along the cruise rewards program at sea, but done here on the land thru your PCC.

It isn't a clearly formulated thought, just an idea.

But I guess they would not actually be able to develop such a thing, as they also want to keep TA's in the loop for bookings and revenues..

......but then again, maybe such a promotion might include TA's who have repeat customers.

Anyway, just idle musings as we anticipate our next cruise.

I do feel loyalty to our PCC. He was great when I was booking my first cruise and I contacted him when I booked the 2nd one. I probably could have gotten a better deal via a TA such as OBC but 1) really didn't know about it at the time and 2) when I booked the 2nd one we had established a good relationship so I wanted to use him again.

:DUp until this year I had always used a TA, same agency but no one in particular (always found there rates to be the best). However, with such a large group this year (wedding cruise) I decided to use a PCC from NCL. I actually talked to 3 different PCCs in the beginning (planning and pricing), but one stuck out. He is GREAT! He is very personal and always updates me when something changes with the group. I called him to re-book during a promotion because the price dropped and he told me to have the rest of my group call and do the same. He knows us all by name and informed all of those new to cruising about documents and what to expect. My favorite part is that he is always there to answer questions or give information (this way I don not have to;)). I will absolutely be booking with him for now on.

We personally use the same TA; she's been great about responding in a timely manner and answering questions. The bottle of wine in the room on embark doesn't hurt either. :) We found her randomly, but we'll keep using her as long as her agency's rates are competitive, and they have been so far.

My P.C.C. has been great.

She know I like to cruise last minute so she call with a fantastic deal to Bermuda on a Thursday for the next day's sailing. We jumped on it.:D

She also got us a good deal on a B 2 B to Canada a week before sailing

On our first cruise I tried to buy an upgrade only to find out I was stuck in a group booking ( the T.A. must have bought a block of cabin's ). I was pissed but I did get a bottle of wine and a small O.B.C.

I did L.M.A.O. when after my cruise one of the brother's that own the large T.A. agency Got Busted for weed in his cabin safe when the Bermuda drug dogs came on the ship. Of all people HE should have known better than that.;)

I went strait to the cruise line for our next cruise after that so We could deal directly with them.

We have lived happily ever after.:)

We have enjoyed working with our PCC. She has taken great care of us, always follows up on status, even calls post cruise to see how things went. She has always been responsive, and returns calls and emails promptly. I'm sure we will continue to book through her for our NCL cruises.

I loved my first PCC, infact we are still friends and exchange emails, but he left the company to pursue other interests. My new PCC is just a good, and he knows how to deal with my crap, lol!

It was funny about 2 days after returning from our Jan 28th cruise I got an email from a PCC stating he was my assigned PCC and to call him. I forwarded it to my current PCC who called me and said not to worry he took care of things and I was definately still assigned to him.

Just becareful when one PCC tells you another is not there, they do receive compensation for their bookings so they arent always looking out for each others interests.

Many years ago, our family started cruising. The first one booked was for mom and her friend, we didn't know better, and used a TA. We paid FULL BROCHURE PRICE! Mom had fun, but you don't miss something if you didn't know about it.

A couple of years later, I came across a PCC. WOW was the only word for it. She spent hours asking all the right questions to figure out what ship and ports would suit our interests, gave us the low down on what to do at the ports, and for a fraction of the price.

We were very loyal to her for years there after, until we out grew her. By then kid brother was returning to collage and needed to earn some $$ so he put him self through collage and graduate school, being a PCC.

While his 'real job' is in a different field, he still has a very loyal customer base, and still books for them.

A good PCC is worth they weight in gold, especially for the less experienced cruisers. Not only will the assist with the booking, but can often help when things don't go as planned.

Over the years, little brother had several customers that had problems that could have trashed, their trip, but didn't.

One example was a couple flew in from the U.K., however their bags didn't! They boarded with no luggage. He was able to get a change of clothing for them, and even got the ship to loan them something for formal night, since their bags wouldn't catch up until the following day.

Not all TAs are bad, and not all PCCs are good. It's like everything else, you ask around until you find the right one for you.

Then you get enough experience, that you either don't need one, or you become one. :-)

Archived