Finding a pay phone after disembarking from the Sky

spacepotatoes

Hi all,

We booked our transportation from POM to our hotel in FLL and the company we booked through requires that we call them when we are ready to be picked up at the pier. DH and I are Canadian and our el-cheapo pay-as-you-go cell phone plans don't allow us to use our phones in the US so I'm counting on pay phones being available in/near the cruise terminal.

We'll be on the NCL Sky, not sure which pier/terminal though. Can anyone confirm that there will be pay phones that we can use after we get through customs? I'd hate to have to bother someone for their cell phone.

Thanks!

By the way, it's just a little over 2 weeks until we sail and with another snow storm warning on for tonight, I CAN'T WAIT :D

Hi all,

We booked our transportation from POM to our hotel in FLL and the company we booked through requires that we call them when we are ready to be picked up at the pier. DH and I are Canadian and our el-cheapo pay-as-you-go cell phone plans don't allow us to use our phones in the US so I'm counting on pay phones being available in/near the cruise terminal.

We'll be on the NCL Sky, not sure which pier/terminal though. Can anyone confirm that there will be pay phones that we can use after we get through customs? I'd hate to have to bother someone for their cell phone.

Thanks!

By the way, it's just a little over 2 weeks until we sail and with another snow storm warning on for tonight, I CAN'T WAIT :D

We always have the same dilemma as we don't own and never will own cell phones.

Yes there are pay phones but you can never get one as they are taken up by cruise ship staff calling home and they are always on for a long time plus there will be staff waiting to use them as well long before you get off ship.

Here are some of the approaches we have used in the past.

1)Make arrangements with someone on ship that's disembarking at same time

2) Have a $5 dollar tip in hand and show to a baggage handler as you ask him to you his phone or could he dial the number for you. This has never failed for us. All handlers have cell phones.

3) On the Epic in Jan. just outside terminal was an NCL employee doing what seemed to be there to answer questions, so I asked him if he would call and he did, he also refused the tip but I shoved it in his pocket.

It sound exactly what our plans were so I'm guessing your using "SAS" if so it will work out fine as they have lots of mini vans coming and going throughout the port area to all terminalsand your wait won't be long once you make the call.

Thanks for the suggestions! I hadn't even thought about crew members wanting to call home on those phones. It's not the best situation but we'll figure something out.

We're actually booked with Quality Limo Service. We don't fly out until the day after our cruise ends and when we tried to book with SAS, they said they could only take us to the FLL airport. QLS will take us right to our hotel.

Archived