kids club and food? allergies?

NJfoodie

I'm looking into the kids clubs on Carnival and NCL since they will take 2 yr olds who aren't potty trained. Does anyone have experience with them w/ toddlers? Do they ever give the kids snacks? I thought I remembered Carnival's doing some meals w/ all the kids. My son is 2 and has a dairy allergy. He's not at a point where he understands the allergy and will eat anything given to him or any food he finds so we have had to be really vigilant with keeping him away from anything w/ dairy in it. If the kids clubs do have snack times, can they accommodate the allergy?

We cruised last year and he had a fantastic time at 14 months old, NCL was wonderful with taking care of us and arranging for his meals when we worked with the restaurant managers but I'm wondering if the kids club will have the resources to do the same. If not, it won't keep us from cruising but we might not be able to use the kids club or at least visits will be limited to avoid meal/snack times. I was just wondering if anyone has experience with this. Thanks!

We sailed NCL this fall. When we went in to sign dd up to the kids club, we listed that she had food allergies and what they were. We talked with the staff and felt it was best to have her documents to state "no food" should be given while she was in the club, to help insure saftey. Each day we would look over the dailie for her age group and ask if there were any events that would included a snack etc. We just planned our pickup time so that she would avoid events where food would be present. Our dd is a little older but I didn't see any snacks in the main play/activity area. Most of the snacks, make your own pizza, ice cream etc. were done in a different area. Our dd really enjoyed the kids club! :)

Hope you have a wonderful trip!! Please post and let us know how your trip went you get back.

on the Epic, when we signed our kids up you had to list if they had allergies and could discuss any needs you had. They didn't have food in the kids club except for the night they had dinner. You could specifically request no food at all.

We were impressed with the staff at the kids club. If you look at the dailies from the 2-5's (link in my signature), they mention lunch on the port days and a dinner & movie one evening. Other than that I really don't recall any food at all.

Carnival has a form to fill out about the allergies. It seems to list everything except peanuts and treenuts. Those we have to write in.

I know for the older kids they do dinner in the clubs.

Archived