puerto vallarta day use hotel

nixonzm

what's the scoop on day use hotels in pv? i hear the westin will let you use their facilities. any ideas on cost? any ideas on how far it is from ship? or does anyone have a better location? sail next week and want to do some research prior to leaving. all help appreciated.

2 years ago my daughter and I booked massages at the Krystal Resort, which was within walking distance from where we docked. They allowed my husband and son to hang out at the pool while we were at the spa. Afterwards we joined them for another hour. We did buy some food and a couple rounds of drinks, didn't have to pay for day passes. Their pool area was gorgeous!

We too have booked massages at the Millenium Spa located in the Krystal Resort next to the dock for our Splendor March 13th sailing. I don't know if we will be able to use the rest of the resort but it is only $105 US dollars cash for 2 - 75 minute massages! Far better than booking one on the cruise ship. We did that years ago and got a sales pitch for products included.

Last Sept. 4 of us took a taxi to the Dreams resort. If I remember correctly it was around $48.00 for a day pass. I emailed the resort and got a response quite quickly. The taxi may be around $15.00 to $20.00 each way. Food and drinks (alcohol and non-alcohol) were included plus we also went kayaking. When we were done swimming out in the ocean we were approached by a boat to take us out snorkeling which we did and it was so beautiful. iI do not remember the price for the snorkeling. Maybe around $35.00 or so. All in all we had a very nice day. Best of luck making your decision.

We did a daypass at Dreams last year and it was nice. There are two dreams resorts, though so make sure if you look into this you go to the Dreams you have booked for your day pass. We went to the older one and it was very pretty, but not super active and the pool was small. I thought it was great, my husband wasn't impressed. Kids liked it fine.

The year before we got daypasses at Melia Puerto Vallarta and everyone liked it. Pool was aboslutely huge. It was closer to the port and the food and drink was great. Much livelier than Dreams, but I really liked both a lot.

Archived