Opening Miracle Balcony Partitions

ssremodel

I have aft wrap 6260 and the balcony cabin next to it 6262 for an upcoming cruise. I was told when I booked that they are no longer opening the balcony partitions and stopped doing that last year. Is this true? And if so, what if I bring the tool to open it myself? Looks like a big allen wrench will open it no problem.

After posting this I searched on this topic, but ti's still not clear. John Heald says all balconies can be opened with the exception of a few aft balconies. So is that all or just some and which ones? Someone else said none of the afts can be opened. Someone said it was for safety and somewhere else I read they just can't be opened. I've been back there before I know they all have the place to open them with hinges and I know that when they clean the balconies or paint the rails they open them to get across. So if this is for safety reasons, why is it safe on the side but not aft????

I can't answer in regards to aft balconies but I can say that we have had our balconies opened between 2 cabins on deck 7 on the Miracle for the past 2 cruises (2010, 2011), the most recent being the Feb 7th sailing. On other ships our room steward has been able to do it but the partitions on the Miracle are opened by someone from maintainence, one person from each cabin had to go to Guest Services and make the request and be put on the list. I would recommend going to be put on the list as soon as you can on embarkation day so that it gets opened that day, last year it wasn't opened until the next day. We received a letter a few days into this years cruise stating they could close it without any notice if necessary (high winds, etc) and it would be closed on the last sea day but they never closed ours on this trip. Last year they did close it on the last sea day so I really don't know how they decide when it will happen.

After posting this I searched on this topic, but ti's still not clear. John Heald says all balconies can be opened with the exception of a few aft balconies. So is that all or just some and which ones? Someone else said none of the afts can be opened. Someone said it was for safety and somewhere else I read they just can't be opened. I've been back there before I know they all have the place to open them with hinges and I know that when they clean the balconies or paint the rails they open them to get across. So if this is for safety reasons, why is it safe on the side but not aft????

There are several of us who have experienced this....NONE of the aft balcony partitions will open. There are no little doors built into them and there are no hinges....they have to completely remove the whole structure and they just will NOT do it. But I believe all of the partitions along the sides will open.

There are several of us who have experienced this....NONE of the aft balcony partitions will open. There are no little doors built into them and there are no hinges....they have to completely remove the whole structure and they just will NOT do it. But I believe all of the partitions along the sides will open.

I stayed aft last year (not a wrap, did that in 2007) and I have pictures showing a door and hinges.

Archived