Info on cabin - Triumph - 7344

FlaJam

My wife & I will be sailing on 4/9 for our 20th anniversary... Does anybody know anything about this cabin?? We wanted a balcony... Also, are the balconies private :) as we may want to enjoy the sun naturally...:D Any photos or info of this room or one very similar would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks....

Jimmy Buffett says " Through all of the islands and all off the highlands, If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane!"

Hi FlaJam,

I have not sailed on the Triumph yet. We are booked for May. We sailed the Glory though, last year on our 20th wedding anniversary. I'm not sure how much help this will be but since no one else has answered your question yet, I'll try this: I have a Carnival book/catalog that lists the ships and shows the layout of each deck. I looked your cabin # up on the Triumph layout and saw that it is on the port side of the ship which I think you will really like. We had port side and loved it. We sat on our balcony and watched the ports coming into sight and watched the docking process. We usually made it aboard at the end of each day at the ports-of-call to watch many of the other cruisers boarding. A couple of times, it was very entertaining as many of the cruisers had been partying hardy while at the port. As for the balcony, as I said I'm not familiar with the Triumph but if the Triumph balcony cabins are like the Glory, you will have some measure of privacy. The dividers between the balconies are not absolutely, totally private but you will be able to judge when you can go out and enjoy the sun as you like..........

O.K., I just looked up the Triumph on a webpage and I saw that your cabin shows the same layout as our cabin had on the Glory. Your cabin is an 8B category, is 185 sq. ft. & the balcony is 35 sq. ft.. There was just enough room on our balcony to have a small table, a couple of chairs & room to get in & out the door. You can view your cabin at:

http://leisure.travelocity.com/Vacations/Cruise/Ship/0,2416,TRAVELOCITY_82_,00.html

click on the Empress deck and it will take you to a layout of that deck, then just find your cabin and click on the cabin number. You will see a picture of the cabin and a description of it. On the webpage above, you will also find other helpful information about the ship and options for viewing other areas which includes a 360 degree tour/ships photos.

Happy anniversary to you and your wife! I just know you will have a wonderful time.

Sugar

Ginny: If you post this on the main carnival board youwill get more replies. Not a lot of people visit these boards compared to the main ones.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=215

The balconies are not big at all. If youput a lounge chair out there you wont be able to move around at all. There should be 2 chairs that sit low to the floor and recline back,

Privacy.. the dividers to the cabins are a smoked plexiglass--you can see shadows but not the direct people. Also-anyone on either side of you can poke a head around and see.

No Problems, the balconies on the Triump are pretty big, I was in one of the same level room as the 7000 series like yours 2 years ago, 2 chairs and a table with lots of space, the balconies are Private with partitions on each side, kinda hard to look in, also there is a Light outside so you can turn if off at night if you want to go out at night and do your thing. The 3 times I went outside to have a cup of coffee I was alone, same as on the Spirit last year... 3 times spent outside for around 20 minutes, no one else around me using their balconies.

Good luck

Let me know

Wennfred, San Diego Ca.

Thanks for everyone's reply... I appreciate it!! Only 29 days to paradise!... Yeah!:)

Jimmy Buffett says " Through all of the islands and all off the highlands, If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane!"

Archived