ESTA for British citizens

bkecky

I just completed my ESTA for entry to the US on my upcoming cruise. I received confirmation but am I right in thinking that I don't require any paper version? It all seems a bit too easy! Can US officials see from entering your details into a system that you have it? Do I have to give details to the flight company? When I entered my passenger information on the Virgin Atlantic site it just asked me if I had one. Last thing I want is to get there and them not let me in!

We printed ours and brought it with us, but U.S Immigration didn't ask for it when entering or leaving the U.S.

But it was nice to know we had a copy regardless.

A friend of mine was denied an ESTA because he had the same name as someone with a criminal record (he says ;)). He had to fly to Sydney (where the embassy is) and apply in person.

We printed ours and brought it with us, but U.S Immigration didn't ask for it when entering or leaving the U.S.

But it was nice to know we had a copy regardless.

A friend of mine was denied an ESTA because he had the same name as someone with a criminal record (he says ;)). He had to fly to Sydney (where the embassy is) and apply in person.

I will print it off just in case then. Better to be safe than sorry! I knew having a strange name would come in useful at some point! Maybe I will just do a quick google to check I'm not wanted for any crimes...

I believe it is now USD $14 per person.

I don't mean to hijack your thread, but I have an additional question regarding ESTA. If you apply for ESTA auth. before flying into the U.S and then go on a cruise.....Do you have to complete another ESTA app. to return from said cruise?

I don't mean to hijack your thread, but I have an additional question regarding ESTA. If you apply for ESTA auth. before flying into the U.S and then go on a cruise.....Do you have to complete another ESTA app. to return from said cruise?

No, you don't. We completed our ESTA forms, then did a TA to NYC followed by a five day cruise to Canada, then re-entered the USA without any problem, and finally did the return TA to UK. I think you will find that the ESTA form is valild for two years from the date of approval unless your passport expires during that period.

Like the other respondents to the original question, I can also confirm that, although we took hard copies with us, at no time were we asked to produce them.

J

No, you don't. We completed our ESTA forms, then did a TA to NYC followed by a five day cruise to Canada, then re-entered the USA without any problem, and finally did the return TA to UK. I think you will find that the ESTA form is valild for two years from the date of approval unless your passport expires during that period.

Like the other respondents to the original question, I can also confirm that, although we took hard copies with us, at no time were we asked to produce them.

J

Spot on with the validity issue. :)

Interesting how the requirements of production of the document to Cunard varies so much...... :eek:

WD

You only need to fill out one ESTA.

We didn't take a paper copy on our recent cruise (I got it about 18 months ago and lost it). We didn't need it the customs in the airport as they just used the computer and customs on the boat at the end of the cruise didn't care as the airport had seen it once. Cunard on the other hand told us to fill out a 'green' form as we didn't have a paper copy of the ESTA.

Cunard like to know that you have one for your own peace of mind, when you apply for the ESTA it is granted and then applied against your passport number, when you enter the uSA you show your passport and up it comes.

you should have had the option to print on off , but I am sure you wont be asked, email them and ask for a copy though

Cunard like to know that you have one for your own peace of mind, when you apply for the ESTA it is granted and then applied against your passport number, when you enter the uSA you show your passport and up it comes.

you should have had the option to print on off , but I am sure you wont be asked, email them and ask for a copy though

Thank you. Luckily I can update my application and there is a printing option!

Archived