Hal's Amsterdam

Boobaby

I have a few questons about the Amsterdam.............

1. Can we bring our own soft drinks and bottled water?

2. Are the stateroom doors metal?

3. How can I tell in advance what is above and below our room?

4. Are there any shows at night that allow children? (12 years old)

Thanks!

She is gorgeous.

You can bring all the bottled water and pop that you can carry.

I'm sure that the doors have a metal core but they have a nice finish.

Children are allowed in show lounges.

Check HAL's website, click on "our Fleet", select Amsterdam, and click on Deck plans. Then check the decks you want to see. Actually I think the brochure is easier to visualize, but the plans are relative as not all decks are the same length. You'll be able to get a good idea of location, however.

Have a great trip, you'll love her.

GN

Boarding.jpg.f38771650f465cdda806aeb3802a00e0.jpg

I guess I asked that question wrong.

So many people on here have said not to take a room close to the stairs, elevator, and so on. I cannot tell what's around our room. Maybe I am just dense since this is our first cruise ever!

Did you do what Grannynurse suggested? You can see the stairs and elevators on the deck plans. It is more difficult to see what is above or below you.

Taking a cabin near stairs and elevators is not always bad. We always try to book a cabin that is not too far from the elevators. We never had a problem with noice.

near the midship elevators you will be conveniently located whether you want to foreward or aft.

Ask your travel agent from a cruise book that contains your itinerary. Check the pages detailing the Amsterdam. It will tell you all you want to know. Compare the deck plans for your deck and the decks above and below.

The deck plans contain the cabin numbers and has a legend that explains the symbols. There is also a description of each cabin category and some ship Pix.

or go to http://www.hollandamserica.com and click on our fleet and then on the amsterdam, then deck plans. You will need Adobe Acrobat reader to see this and the HAL website includes a free download if you don't already have it.

You can email me at grannynurse@cox.net with specific questions if you like.

Hope this helps.

GN

near the midship elevators you will be conveniently located whether you want to foreward or aft.

or go to www.hollandamserica.com and click on our fleet and then on the amsterdam, then deck plans. You will need Adobe Acrobat reader to see this and the HAL website includes a free download if you don't already have it.

GN

Grannynurse, if you click on the picture and not the word "deck plan" you do not need Adobe. Moreover you can navigate between the decks with one click.

To see what is just above or below your cabin, measure how far your cabin is from an elevator and then look at the decks above and below, the same distance from the same elevator. bingo you know exactly what is above and below.

Archived