Have you ever seen an excursion sell out online

masterbaker

I'm curious how NCL handles it's online excursion bookings. Other lines we have sailed only sell a percentage of excursions online, releasing the rest for booking onboard. If an excursion is sold out online, is there still a chance of booking it onboard?

I'm curious how NCL handles it's online excursion bookings. Other lines we have sailed only sell a percentage of excursions online, releasing the rest for booking onboard. If an excursion is sold out online, is there still a chance of booking it onboard?

The answers are yes I have seen them sell out online and yes if it is sold out you can be waitlisted onboard. I have done that (day 1) and have in all cases gotten the tour I wanted.

Like Shoreguy said, yes, they can sell out on-line. However, I would call the 800 number for shore excursions to make sure they are sold out if I used the on-line and got a message back saying they are. My last cruise was 4 couples sailing together and one couple only got a couple of the tours we wanted. I called and the ones they wanted and didn't get was still available. Apparently, whoever was keying them in put in the first couple of tours and then took a break and forgot to do the rest. A tip for all. Doing it on-line means you have to wait for the conformation, which may take weeks, before you know if you got them. Call the shore excursion department and you will know right then if it's available and you got it.

Retired not Expired

Great advice - if you do not get a confirmation in 48 hours call. It is not a true online booking process. As I understand it you enter your request, NCL prints it, and then an agent books it. Lots of online bookings fall into a black hole and are never booker or confirmed.

Archived