Cell Phones at sea

Hobie1976

I just found out that Verizon's Global plan for unlimited email has been discontinued. I used this plan in November while cruising and it was wonderful. I found out about it from these boards. Has anybody found anything similar plans for email from a blackberry while cruising?

I am so upset - as I need to keep in touch with family while away and it just made the cruise so much less stressful.

Thanks for any info or suggestions. I know the texting works - but this other plan was so much better

I just found out that Verizon's Global plan for unlimited email has been discontinued. I used this plan in November while cruising and it was wonderful. I found out about it from these boards. Has anybody found anything similar plans for email from a blackberry while cruising?

I am so upset - as I need to keep in touch with family while away and it just made the cruise so much less stressful.

Thanks for any info or suggestions. I know the texting works - but this other plan was so much better

Many times when a plan has been discontinued, that means people can no longer sign up for it. But if you already have the plan, then they do not take it from you. Check with Verision.

If you still have the unlimited data pkg on your acct, you can keep it, but if you have removed it, you cannot get it back. The data feature for BB on a cruiseship is 20.48 mb...it will add up quick. Your best option is to use wifi while on the ship or netcafe for checking email while on land. Make sure you turn off data roaming on your BB because it will push emails & updates automatically.

Archived