Seaworld Explorer excursion

WillieD13

We are still working on our excursion plans for Nassau. Amoung the options is the Seaworld Explorer trip. Last year we signed up for the Sea & See Excursion (same excursion Seaworld Explorer but with the city tour after the boat portion), only to have it cancelled on us, apparently due to an insufficient number of people signing up. We then tried to sign up for the Seaworld Explorer excursion, but that too had been cancelled for the same reason. I find this particularly disconcerting considering that Carnival Fantasy had pulled into port just ahead of us, so you would think that double the tourists would help provide enough people (we were on a Carnival ship as well, so presumably they had the same excursion options). That is making me "gun shy" about signing up for it again. Three questions here:

1) Assuming the excursion does go, how prompt are they about the time schedule? Scheduled for 8:15-10:15.

2) After the excursion ends, where are we dropped off, as in, how long a walk is it back to the ship?

3) Did you find the excursion worth the time invested, i.e. did it give you a good view of the reefs and underwater life, and how well could you see and photograph it through the windows?

The issue here, aside from being "gun shy" about getting cancelled again, is that we are also looking at the Catamaran Sail and Snorkeling excursion, which starts at 11:00, so there is only a 45 minute window between the two. I am thinking that we may be pushing our luck about getting back in time.

We took the SWE trip booked via the ship, we walked over as a group after everyone assembled on the pier. So can't comment on punctuality if privately booked.

I am guessing it was a 10 minute walk. each way.

I did not care for the excursion. The tour crew was bored to death. There really was nothing to see except a bazillion of the same type fish when they threw bread over the side. They threw bread over one side only . If you're on the wrong side, you won't see much, certainly can't take pictures. When some on the "wrong" side asked the crew to throw bread over on their side, the crew just ignored them.

The only fun thing was the cruise out. The explorer waits out at the underwater park, and you take another boat from the dock to it. Something like 20~30 min?? They give you a water tour of sorts with commentary about what celebrity owns what house you're passing. For some reason, that crew tries hard to speak with bad Jamaican accents. LOL I guess a lot of folks think Bahamians sound like Jamaicans.

Wish I had better news for you.

Archived