Behind the Scenes Ship Tour

ndavis7515

Could someone tell me what this entails and how much it is? I participated in the Ultimate Ship's Tour on the Grand Princess and you got a chef's jacket, bathrobe, photos of your tour, appetizers with the captain, personalized pad of writing paper, and you toured many spots on the ship and had champagne and food samples. It cost $150 but it was definitely worth it. Is the NCL tour similar?

Thanks.

Could someone tell me what this entails and how much it is? I participated in the Ultimate Ship's Tour on the Grand Princess and you got a chef's jacket, bathrobe, photos of your tour, appetizers with the captain, personalized pad of writing paper, and you toured many spots on the ship and had champagne and food samples. It cost $150 but it was definitely worth it. Is the NCL tour similar?

Thanks.

Behind the scenes tours run $55 per person. They are a bit different on each ship, but basically include a visit to the laundry room, galley including some food storage areas, behind the stage/dressing room, recylcing area, and bridge (JEWEL) or bridge viewing area (GEM). One tour we got to see the crew bar, that was on the GEM.

They have a department head to give a talk in each area...can take as long as 2 1/2 hours for some of the tours. Wear comfortable shoes, you must be able to stand/walk for the entire time.

Thanks.

We did the behind the scenes tour on NCL Jewel this past December. The cost was $55 but you didn't get all of the extras you mentioned. It was just the tour. I might add that it was VERY interesting. I especially like the "visuals" used in the kitchen. Look part way down this web page and you'll see our pictures....

http://pasqualehome.com/JewelDec2010/JewelDec2010.htm

Enjoy.... :)

I paid $55 and it was just a tour, but I saw the WHOLE Norwegian Pearl. The laundry, kitchen, back stage, "I-85" the hall that goes the entire length of the ship LOL Was fascinating. We met the "hotel" manager, chef, and the other ones which I can't remember their 'titles' I wouldn't have paid over what I did though..I hesitated to do the one I did :o

Is this available on all NCl Ships? We are doing Spirit next year.

They are available on all NCL ships. The space is limited for these tours, and they do sell out at times. Go to the pursers desk and inquire about it early in the cruise, they will advertise it in the Freestyle daily.

We did get chocolate samples on a couple of our tours. :D

This tour is free for Platinum latitude members. :)

Archived