Meet-and -mingle ?

toothgirl

I'm soon to go on my first cruise... And since I'm travelling alone, I was wondering, do they have special get-togethers for people travelling alone? I understand, that MOST people go on cruises in couples, so single people are outnumbered! I know I can have a good time, just by myself, and also I know some couples are really nice and don't mind singles in their company, but after so long you still start to feel like the third wheel.... So back to my question, do they have a meet-and -mingle party on most ships? I'm assigned for traditional dining also, my TA suggested it was a good idea, since I'm travelling solo. :)

Yes, toothgirl, every cruise I have been on has gatherings for singles to meet and greet. Sometimes they even break these gatherings into age groupings like 18 - 35, 35 - 50, over 50, etc. Also, most people that cruise whether solo or as a couple or group love to meet new people and would welcome you to hang out with them especially on tour exsursions. Also, look in the roll call board and find a posting for you ship and sail date and you can meet fellow cruise mates that you can get to know on line before you cruise. It's a great ice breaker!

When are you cruising and what ship? Maybe we're on the same cruise!

Archived