Fort Lauderdale Hotel Recommendations

For those of you who have flown in the night before your cruise, I'm wondering if you could give your recommendations for where to stay. I'm looking for somewhere that's inexpensive, but clean and safe. Please let me know where you have stayed and whether you would recommend it. Thanks!!

Try The Shell Motel along the beach front, it is not flash, but clean and good value.

For those of you who have flown in the night before your cruise, I'm wondering if you could give your recommendations for where to stay. I'm looking for somewhere that's inexpensive, but clean and safe. Please let me know where you have stayed and whether you would recommend it. Thanks!!

There is a Holiday Inn Express, a Hilton Garden, a Hyatt Place, and Hyatt Regency all within two miles of the Port. There is also a Comfort Inn on Stirling Road that has a free shuttle to the Port (approximately two miles). If you stay at the Comfort Inn, there is a shopping center within walking distance that has a K-Mart, Old Navy, and several other stores just in case you need to get any last minute items.

Hyatt Place North is a great value. They offer a free shuttle between the airport and hotel and the hotel and cruise port. Within walking distance is a large strip mall with dining options and places to buy that last minute item.

The rooms are clean and nice. I would definitely recommend.

http://www.valuetrips.com/AMS/FL/F17.htm

Carol

We have reserved a room the night before an Oct. 2 cruise at Renaissance Ft. Lauderdale. It is a Marriott property. It was $119 for the night and includes ocean view and breakfast. They don't have a shuttle but it is only 1.3 miles from terminal so taxi won't be too bad.

Hyatt Place North is a great value. They offer a free shuttle between the airport and hotel and the hotel and cruise port. Within walking distance is a large strip mall with dining options and places to buy that last minute item.

The rooms are clean and nice. I would definitely recommend.

http://www.valuetrips.com/AMS/FL/F17.htm

Carol

When we sailed Oasis in November we stayed at Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Airport SOUTH and we were really happy. The difference is that you have to pay $8 for the shuttle to the port and it is a little farther from the airport than North, but they have a free airport shuttle, and it was maybe a 10 minute drive.

It looks like you can get Hyatt Place FLL South fairly consistently on Hotwire. It is the 3* in the airport region. In our opinion it was MUCH nicer than other Hotwire 3 stars we have stayed at. More like a 4-4.5*.

We stayed at the Hyatt Place North the last time we cruised (Jan 2011).

I got a rate of $119 on valuetrip.com which is a very good price.

The hotel is clean, the room very spaciuous but one thing that keeps me from booking there again is the very LOUD AC

It is right next to the 2nd bed ( my room has 2 double) and I slept on the sofa bed in the living room with my DD while my husband tried to sleep in the 2nd double bed which is further from the AC.

Unless you bring ear plugs, you will not be able to enjoy a good night. But hey,...if you are not there to sleep, everything else is perfect.

Our favorite hotel chain is the W Hotel. They have a property in Ft Lauderdale and we used it for a pre-cruise night on Feb 19. It's a beautiful place with well designed modern suites. The steak restaurant is top notch. If you're on the South or East side of the building, you'll see the cruise ships come & go from the port.

It's not cheap though... I got my night for free with my frequent flier miles.

Archived