RCL Diamond wanting to try Celebrity

CcCcCcCindy

We have been trying new CL's, and wanted to know what Celebrity does for its loyalty passengers. How does honoring the equivalent Captain's Club level work for RCL diamond members? And what is the benefit of Concierge class? What do you get in addition to regular loyalty benefits?

Hoping a RCL diamond who sails Celebrity can enlighten me....

If you are diamond with RCI, then you will be recognized as Elite with Celebrity's loyalty program (Captain's Club) - that is Celebrity's highest level and the perks are quite good. From 4pm-6pm (might get changed to 5pm-7pm per some reports) you receive free cocktails in a dedicated lounge. In the morning you have free specialty coffees, bloody Mary's etc. and continental breakfast in a dedicated lounge. You receive 90 minutes per/person of free internet time. You receive some free laundry and other perks (see Celebrity's website for a comprehensive list of perks). You just need to call Captain's Club to register with them once you book a cruise and they will grant you Elite status.

Concierge Class provides some perks such as expanded room service menu, nicer linens/towels, bottle of sparkling wine in your stateroom when you arrive etc. On M-Class ships the stateroom is a bit larger than other balcony staterooms, but on S-Class ships the stateroom is same size.

My wife and I made the change from RCI to Celebrity a couple of years ago and really have found Celebrity to offer a better product for our needs. RCI excels in having lots of nightlife, lots of fun venues for children and teens and tons of activities, but Celebrity excels in providing a more sophisticated, upscale ambiance and a relaxing, pampered type vacation.

Thanks Gonzo70. We do most of our cruising with the kids (now teens), but the one I am now considereing is a trip that is without them. Sounds wonderful, and I am going to go ahead and book the Celebrity. I don't think I will gain alot from C class (most of the perks I would enjoy are already in the Captains Club), so I am going to just go with a veranda.

By the way, we live outside of Chicago.

You do not have to book a cruise on Celebrity to get the Captains Club status.

I was planning to book a Celebrity cruise while on The Voyager of the Seas in January. I called the Captains Club and gave them my Crown & Anchor numbers and they gave me our new Captains Club numbers. I used the numbers when I booked the cruise so we got an upgrade from a 2B to a 2A on Century for free.

I have already danced the dance you are doing and here's what we did:

We decided to not book a CL cabin as they are the same size as the other ones. We get our little snacks and drinks as Elite so that concierge perk doesn't mean that much to us. We don't need a concierge and we don't really care about the shower nozzle or the towels and sheets. We are certain that the standard ones will be just fine.

We are actually paying more for our 2A cabin than one of the CL level cabins and we are happier with our cabin location.

This will be our first Celebrity cruise and we might just "jump ship" from RCI if we are happy with X.

You just need to call Captain's Club to register with them once you book a cruise and they will grant you Elite status.

OK< we are in the same situation. This will be our first cruise on Celebrity, as Diamond members on RCCL. We are Captain's Club members with just 2 prior cruises on Celebrity. My question is...how does Celebrity know what status we have on RCCL in order for us to receive the perks?

BTW - I have asked the question to the Captains Club and not received an answer. It's been 5 days.

The rep on the phone at Captains Club looked up my Crown & Anchor numbers and could see that we were Diamond.

It was really quite painless. I just called CC and told them I wanted to have CC numbers so we could book our cruise. They asked for our C&A numbers and issued me the new CC numbers. They don't give out cards any more, just write down the number and put it somewhere safe.

Thanks Kellie Poodle! I am going to call tomorrow. I already booked today so I could get a $50 OBC and reduced deposit. How does the upgrade thing work?

I will probably only "jump ship" when the kids are not with. We tried Princess and were happy enough there too. It will probably come down to what good deals are available and who is offering them. I am years away from Diamond plus, and not being a "suite" passenger is starting to make me feel 2nd class on RCL. (Even though they make more money on me overall). It sounds like I might feel "appreciated" on Celebrity.

Cruisin Maniac- i called the Captain's Club and was immediately issued numbers. The went to my current reservation and added the numbers for me right away. I was able to use the current veranda discount code and get $100 off my room. Call back, tell them you are diamond on RCCL. They look it right up in the computer and immediately issue your number.

Cruisin Maniac- i called the Captain's Club and was immediately issued numbers. The went to my current reservation and added the numbers for me right away. I was able to use the current veranda discount code and get $100 off my room. Call back, tell them you are diamond on RCCL. They look it right up in the computer and immediately issue your number.

Cindy - I am already a member of the Captains Club and have numbers for them, which are already on my reservation. ;) The question I had is how Celebrity knows that we are RCCL Crown & Anchor Diamond so that we get the Elite benefits. ;)

Crusinmaniac, if you are e-mailing them for information I hope you have better luck than I did. I sent three e-mails that were never answered so I finally called them.

Sue

I know, I gave up waiting to hear back. Pretty bad in my opinion. Immediately after I sent the email, I did receive the automative message saying that they would respond within 48 hours.:rolleyes:

CruisinManiac- sounds like you need them to upgrade your Captains Club to Elite by calling them and having them look up your RCCL Diamond status. To the best of my knowledge, the only way they know is for you to call them IN ADVANCE, not while you are on board. I guess the actual answer is that they don't KNOW, but rather they look it up in the computer.

I guess I wasn't making myself clear. ;) I already found the answer a few days ago. That's why in post #8, I said " Good thing I have Cruise Critic. "

The two times we sailed on Celebrity, we were already RCCL C&A members. We were automatically put in the equivalent of the Captain's Club tier. So, I was curious to know how they know you are eligible for CC tiers. Anyway, the numbers are linked with each other on both the Celebrity and RCCL computers, and automatically come up when a cruise is booked on either line. ;)

Thanks, Kellie Poodle for the heads up. I booked a Next Passage while on the Rhapsody a few weeks ago. It will be our first time on Celebrity. We are Diamond with RCI. I called Captain's Club and enrolled. Now all I have to do is wait for the 2012 Med cruises to be announced.

Guess who I heard from today? They confirmed what I learned on CC. ;)

Due to your Diamond membership in the Crown & Anchor Society, our Equivalent Recognition program has been able to update your membership in the Captains Club to the Elite level with three tier credits. As an Elite Member your current benefits include.....

Archived