Rain forest canoe trip in Ketchikan

Ekat

Has anyone done this trip? Did you enjoy it?

I'm trying to figure out who the outfitter is so I can book directly because I'm concerned it may be sold out by the time I can book excursions thru my cruise line.

Also, what about the Duck tour? Fun or goofy?

The Ketchikan Duck Tour is fabulous. Fun? Yes, Goofy? At times! The thing I love about the Duck tour is that they give you lots of information about the town - history, good descriptions of all of the 'hotspots' on the Walking Tour, details about Alaska & Ketchikan, the native people, the totem poles, Creek Street, Dolly's House, etc.

But they give you the information not in a dry, museum like manner, they make it fun to learn. I've heard folks get off of the tour and say it was a fantastic tour because it was BOTH fun and informative.

I recommend it to both my friends & family and it is usually the 1st tour visiting relatives taken when they come in town. As I said, it gives a great 'overview' of the area. And since it's only 1 1/2 hours, you will still have plenty of time to explore the town on your own. And you just can't beat the price! :-) It's $38/person. Check out this description/review.

Also, they are a local, family owned company and will take your reservation directly on their website - http://www.akduck.com.

On the Canoe company - I have never taken the tour but believe it is through Alaska Travel Adventures, Inc. there are some tours that are exclusively sold to the Cruise Ships and I believe this is one of them. Try this phone # 907-247-5295.

Enjoy!

Hi There,

My family and I recently booked this tour with Princess Cruise Line (traveling on the Diamond in July). The problem with this tour is that you need to be careful with time restriction. In our case, if we booked independently and the tour ran late and we did not make it back in time for our ship's departure, too bad for us. Therefore we booked with the cruise ship so that in the event the tour does run late they won't leave without us.

Price with our ship is $129 and they provide transportation there and back, tour starts at 9:30 and returns us at 1pm. (our ship leaves port at 2:30). Not much time.

If I'm not mistaken I think you have to be a least 12. Don't quote me though.

Good Luck :)

Archived