Laundry Packages

rambler-dhaka

Will be on the Star Princess on a cruise in May.

Do Princess Lines have a "Laundry Package", where you can get a bag of laundry done every day for a flat charge for the duration of the voyage? If so does anyone know what the charges are.

Holland America offered this on our last voyage to Alaska, and we found it very useful.

Thanks in anticipation.

Will be on the Star Princess on a cruise in May.

Do Princess Lines have a "Laundry Package", where you can get a bag of laundry done every day for a flat charge for the duration of the voyage? If so does anyone know what the charges are.

Holland America offered this on our last voyage to Alaska, and we found it very useful.

Thanks in anticipation.

There's no daily laundry bag special & when offered it is about $20 for a not too big bag. Each ship has self-service laundromats on each passenger deck & cost about $1 for a wash & $1 for a dry. There are irons also available there or you can pay per item to have the ship do it.

In comparison with HAL, every Princess ship has a self-serve laundry on every deck or almost every deck. Also, with the Princess loyalty program, Elite passengers (150 days sailed or more) get unlimited, free laundry services whereby you can send a bag out every day if you want at no charge.

If you sail occasionally, the HAL "by the bag" special at any time is nice but only a few of their ships have self-serve laundries.

Laudry machines on each floor (and if the one nearest is full try other decks) is a deciding factor for me choosing Princess. Our laudry bags are black zippered nylon duffle bags that sit in the bottom of the clothes cabinet. When full I take out a sheet of Purex 3 in 1 and head off for the machines. I do not stay in the laundry room unless there are interesting stories going on and I feel like gabbing. Some folks meet up at the bar and others like me have had some of the best conversations waiting on the machines. :D

I was on the Sea Princess last May and the laundry facilities were free - both wash & dry. The soap & dryer sheets, etc. was $1 each (quarters only). At the beginning of the ctruise I went to the purser's desk and got a $10 roll of quarters & used that during the cruise.

Because the laundry room was so small & crowded I took the plastic chair out of the room & sat out in the hallway & read on my Sony digital reader while waiting for my laundry to finish in the washer & then the dryer. It sure was humid in there as well. Because there was almost always a line waiting for the machines I didn't want to go back to my cabin to wait. Just my luck the clothes might have been taken out of whatever machine & put in the sink or on the floor.

Just returned from the Sea Princess and found the laundry facilities to be excellent. Our cabin was right next door, but we had no problems at all with noise.

$1 for soap powder.. that was all that it cost.

I always had the laundry to myself, unfortunately, so no chance to catch any gossip!!

• 2 months later...

Archived