How to contact john heald

LosetoCruise

I know I can contact him through his blog, but if you have a request about a certain request how do you get him your information? His blog is a public forum so I am uneasy about giving out booking #, cabin# etc. Is this information omitted when he publishes your request or does someone contact you by email? Any information would be appreciated.

I know I can contact him through his blog, but if you have a request about a certain request how do you get him your information? His blog is a public forum so I am uneasy about giving out booking #, cabin# etc. Is this information omitted when he publishes your request or does someone contact you by email? Any information would be appreciated.

Each time I have asked John a question I have used Facebook and he has been very quick with an answer...and a smart butt comment- which is why I enjoy him so much! ;)

95% percent of the people ask for "favors" in which they could simply do before they cruise or when they board. Its sad the ridiculous requests he has to review, then respond to, that could EASILY be dealt with by contacting the specific area responsible.

"John - we want to be seated on May 4th on the 2nd table closest to the 3rd window and temperature in the dining room be 74 degrees." Those same people will return, having received his special connection and complain about something like "I got one less ice cube in my drink than usual."

His blog would be better if those who read for entertainment don't have to read numerous incidental requests.

95% percent of the people ask for "favors" in which they could simply do before they cruise or when they board. Its sad the ridiculous requests he has to review, then respond to, that could EASILY be dealt with by contacting the specific area responsible.

This is so true. If you have tried everything else, then I would post on his blog or on his Facebook page, but most requests can be handled by Carnival.

"John - we want to be seated on May 4th on the 2nd table closest to the 3rd window and temperature in the dining room be 74 degrees." Those same people will return, having received his special connection and complain about something like "I got one less ice cube in my drink than usual."

His blog would be better if those who read for entertainment don't have to read numerous incidental requests.

Who are you to say"leave John alone!" You have no idea what I want to contact him about. Maybe I want to tell him about an incident that happened on our recent cruise and how brilliant the staff was. Since everything was so chaotic we didn't get a chance to let the staff know how much we appreciated thier help. I don't understand how some posters on this board think they know it all!

Well thanks to several posters I now know how to contact him. No thanks to you or several other posters!

I agree. I don't like reading all of the personal favor requests, as if he was their actual friend. He is more than nice to these people, despite their "requests".

This is so true. If you have tried everything else, then I would post on his blog or on his Facebook page, but most requests can be handled by Carnival.

Maybe True, Maybe Not. Here is my personal opinion: While I agree that most of the requests he gets can be addressed to someone else, its the entire corporate thing. John is a person who will go above and beyond for any one guest...I think we can all agree on that. When people send requests to John, I think its the theory that Carnival, with the huge corporation that they are, will either not get to their request, drop the ball completely, or say something is not possible, when in truth...it is. So I can see both sides of the story. Us cruisers have it lucky that so many people at Carnival will do just as John asks, but unfortunately, many people can take advantage of this system for the little things that most certainly can be addressed with someone other than John. If not taken care of ahead of time, many things can definately happen on the ship.

Who are you to say"leave John alone!" You have no idea what I want to contact him about. Maybe I want to tell him about an incident that happened on our recent cruise and how brilliant the staff was. Since everything was so chaotic we didn't get a chance to let the staff know how much we appreciated their help. I don't understand how some posters on this board think they know it all!

Well thanks to several posters I now know how to contact him. No thanks to you or several other posters!

No one said to leave John alone. These are your words, and I quote, "I know I can contact him through his blog, but if you have a request about a certain request how do you get him your information?" You were given information about your "request" but you seem to take issue with it.

"His blog is a public forum so I am uneasy about giving out booking #, cabin#." If you are writing to him about a previous cruise then why would you be concerned about booking # and cabin #?

No one here thinks they "know it all." People are trying to help you, and you are jumping on them. :mad:

I, too, have tried to contact John personally. My reason is also as a result of wanting to make special mention of members of his team.

On Carnival Pride, I was so taken by the manner and interpersonal skills shown by the Cruise Director Kirk and Ass Cruise Director Jaime that I wanted to let him know exactly how I felt.

They, as I mentioned in my review, showed professionalizm in the face of all manner of circumstances. I can't imagine having the skills to do this day in and day out 24/7 as they are required to do.

Sometimes special recognition is deserving and I wanted to do so in this case, but had no luck thus far.

Perhaps he will read it here. They are two very special people and Carnival is very luck to have them (IMHO).

I agree. I don't like reading all of the personal favor requests, as if he was their actual friend. He is more than nice to these people, despite their "requests".

Seems to me he encourages this behavior by trying to accomodate everyone and everything.

Seems to me he encourages this behavior by trying to accomodate everyone and everything.

Yep, he does. I have no idea how he writes a blog, is always on Facebook, always answering questions and handling requests, doing his regular job for Carnival, and then has any kind of time for family life.

Archived