Hartley Helmet Tour

Bell Ringer

On the Celebrity excursions page, the description lists this as a strenuous activity. From reading descriptions of the excursion, it didn't sound like it would be "strenuous". And people in all states if fitness, seemed to enjoy it.

Could someone help me in deciding if this is really for me?

The helmets are heavy, but the boat crew put them on you and take them off of you and they're only placed on your head when you are standing shoulder-deep in the water so you really don't notice, at all. Greg Hartley, the owner, will have you hold on to a rope while you are underwater and guide you from place to place so you're really not using any energy to move around. So, unless you plan on working as part of the crew during your excursion (and somehow, I doubt the Hartleys will allow this ;)), it won't be strenuous, at all!

If you are worried you will be cold, they have wetsuits available which you can use.

Just be sure to bring your underwater camera with you to take lots of pictures, it really is an amazing excursion!

The helmets are heavy, but the boat crew put them on you and take them off of you and they're only placed on your head when you are standing shoulder-deep in the water so you really don't notice, at all. Greg Hartley, the owner, will have you hold on to a rope while you are underwater and guide you from place to place so you're really not using any energy to move around. So, unless you plan on working as part of the crew during your excursion (and somehow, I doubt the Hartleys will allow this ;)), it won't be strenuous, at all!

If you are worried you will be cold, they have wetsuits available which you can use.

Just be sure to bring your underwater camera with you to take lots of pictures, it really is an amazing excursion!

This will be our 5th trip to Bermuda, and I have wanted to do this for the last 2 trips , and didn't ...It sounds amazing, and I will probably be scared out of my mind, but that will make it better. I don't set many goals that are too different, but this is one I really want to try. We will have an underwater camera, just for this event, for sure.

Archived