Explorer of the Seas Best On-Board Activities

Our family is going on it's very first cruise ever - we'll be doing an Eastern Caribbean cruise on Explorer. Could you cruise veterans tell me what your favorite on-board activity is on this ship? Was there something you did or tried and you were surprised by how much you enjoyed it? Are there any frequently over-looked treasures?

Thanks so much!

There is soooo much to do on this ship...

Make sure to go to the ice show, it's definitely a don't miss. They will have times posted in the Cruise Compass when you need to go get tickets. It typically "sells out" (tickets are free), so be sure to get there early.

Some of the other great family activities: climbing the rock wall, ice skating, roller blading and mini golf. The parades on the promenade are a lot of fun. Some of the activities are only open at specific times, so pay attention to your Compass. We brought along a highlighter to mark the things we were really interested in doing to plan our day.

I really enjoyed participating in the blackjack tournament which they hold on one of the sea days. (They also have a slots tournament)

We also had fun this last trip at a towel folding class they had.

There is more to do than you can fit into one trip. Have a blast! :D

ajcolorado,

When is your sail date on the Explorer??? We are going too...on the 15th of May! Getting back to your question...Im not an expert when it comes to cruising..Ive only been on one other ship...Carnival Conquest. My motto is "if your bored on a cruise ship...its your own fault"..there are tons of stuff to do....I went to bed 1 or 2am each night on our 7 day cruise. Too much to do and not enough time to do it in. Pace yourself....you can do a little...and you can do alot...most of all..make the most of it and have a ball...!!!! Being first time cruisers too last year...I found out that were addictive to this kind of travel. It doesnt get any better than the "drink of the day"...!:)

Hi ajcolorado,

I answered your question on the roll call bord, but I forgot to mention the ice show. It was truely a highlight - and yest you must get tickets for it (free). This is no big deal - I went down to where they were handing them out 5 mins before the designated time and joind the line. Wihin 2 mins I had the tickets I wanted for the show I wanted (They have different shows for people who have the early / late dinner seating)

If you only go to one show on the ship - make sure it's the ice show.

Archived