Just back from 10-days on Equinox

squidward

We, too, loved our cruise on the Equinox this past fall, and are planning to book an S-Class ship for our next winter's cruise. Our complaints were few, including the crowded tables in the main dining room, but we were so thrilled with the alternative restaurants, especially Murano, that we simply dined outside the main dining room a number of nights. Wonderful crew. Beautiful ship. Quite good entertainment AND that fabulous Hot Glass Show. Such a terrific vacation!

I have been wondering about the free bag of laundry you get as an Elite member. Who big is the bag? How much stuff could you get in it?

The coupon entitles you to 30 pieces of clothing. I never actually counted how many pieces fit in the bag, and honestly I don't think they count either. As long as it fits, it ships! Just cram as much as you can and they will do it. The bag is made of paper but it doesn't rip easily. It is maybe 36 inches long and 24 inches wide (but don't quote me, I didn't actually measure it).

Once we used the tote bag you get in the suite instead of the paper bag and they still took it. We used 4 of the coupons over the course of the 10 night cruise. We would have used the 5th coupon, but we ran out of time--you can't use the coupon during the last 3 days of the cruise.

It is our favorite perk! Definitely helps cut down on the packing, and it is nice to bring home clean clothes. Although, somehow, I still ended up with a ton of laundry to do. . .:o

We are on the April 11th sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale, so we can't wait. In the years I've been on this forum, we've taken three cruises, so this will be our fourth. I should always remember to step away from the Forum just before the trip begins because I keep having all these complaints ringing in my ears about food and chairs and shows and activities, but we have yet to experience any of the complaints we've read about on any of our cruises. You should just go and not expect too much to happen and just experience the day. After all, we are cruising with 4000 people. I'm sure our first-time experience on Celebrity will be a great one!

Looking forward to the April 11th cruise. See you there! It's out first cruise and we are SO excited!

Can anyone tell me what they wished they would have brought with them that they did not.

dont buy a beverage package...the bartenders are rude and they dont like it when you have them. they are very stingy with their drinks

I also am sorry that you didn't enjoy your beverage package experience, but my experience was quite the opposite. I will, without question, purchase the beverage package again on my next Celebrity cruise.

Archived