Cruising with 'only child' dining

Fishon28

This is going to be the first time we are cruising with our 6 year old son. We've previously cruised as a couple.

We chose a table for 4 at dinner and was wondering if that option is unavailable will carnival sit us with other families or sit us with adults?

While our son is a great well mannered child I know some adults plain and simple don't like kids.

I'd hate to be put in an awkward situation at dinner.

They are pretty good with sitting families with other families. I wouldn't worry about it now. When you get on board go see the Maitre`d for your dinning room. Ask him/her to see your table and if its not a table for 4, ask if you can find out if you are seated with another family or not. Most likely they will seat you with a family with children.

Don't knw if they will seat you with another family or not but they do seem to have a method that works more often than not. Picking a table for 4 may add to your discomfort level if you are a family of 3 because you will be with a single person. If that is the case you may be better off with a table that seats more people. Table mates can be hit or miss but very often being seated with couples or other families may make it more comfortable. You can always change tables if you feel uncomfortable.

I have wondered about this sort of question too. I have an 11yr old DS and a DD who will be 2 when we cruise so there are 4 of us so I am not sure if we will get a table for 4 or be sat at a table with another family. Last cruise wasn't an issue because we went with a big group so there were 12 of us and we have a great time eating together.

I am sure there are lots of other families cruising with an only child so possibly a table for 6 with another family with an only?

We wouldn't mind at all sitting with a family that included little ones. We see them in the MDR and they are always so cute, trying to act grownup with nice manners, some of them dressed up for the occasion. I honestly don't remember seeing or hearing disruptions from children. We HAVE seen and heard disruptions from adults who've had a little too much from the bar, fighting loudly with their partner, stumbling out cursing, etc. Give us those little ones as dinner mates ANY day.:)

as a threesome, we have either been seated with other families, always another threesome, or by ourselves at a 4 top.

i agree with the poster above if they get "stuck" with you, or you with them, it is up to the "offendee" to move.

we have been fortunate that the kids at the table always got along, as well as were well behaved.

as a threesome, we have either been seated with other families, always another threesome, or by ourselves at a 4 top.

i agree with the poster above if they get "stuck" with you, or you with them, it is up to the "offendee" to move.

we have been fortunate that the kids at the table always got along, as well as were well behaved.

My experience has been the same as yours, except we have never requested or received a 4 top table.

On our recent cruise, we traveled with our 8 year old daughter and were seated at a table for 4. She only ate with us 1 night because of Camp Carnival. She ate dinner with her Camp Carnival buddies every other night of the cruise.

I have friends who cruised last year with their daughters and Carnival put them at a table with a family who had daughters of similar ages.

When I travelled alone with my daughter (3), I checked in with the Maitre D as soon as I boarded to find out if we were seated with someone with kids. I didn't want to be in the position of being seated with those who didn't want to be seated with children. They told us they do their best to "match up" families.

If we cruise again this year, I will do the same thing.

Archived