Taxi From Miami Airport

lauracruises

Approximately how far is the port from MIA. Also, approximately how much is taxi fare? Thanks

I can't tell you how far it is BUT I can tell you that there is a FLAT rate for a taxi from the port to the airport (and vice versa) (per taxi NOT per person). When we last did this (Jan of 2010) it was $24. Some "taxis" at the port WILL try to rip you off - so be sure to look for the rate card (legally it MUST be prominently displayed in the taxi). If you don't see it ask to see it immediately. You absolutely do not need to pay more than the flat rate plus whatever tip YOU decide to give. We rounded our amount up to $30 because the driver was courteous and did not attempt to rip us off.

see the rate card for taxis below

http://www.miami-airport.com/hotel_shuttles.asp

Approximately how far is the port from MIA. Also, approximately how much is taxi fare? Thanks

Lauracruises, the cost from the port to the airport is right at $25.00 for a taxi. As far as the distance it is not that far but I don't know the exact mileage. I cabbed it a couple of times and it depends on the traffic. With light traffic its about a 15 minute ride from port to airport, with heavy traffic, its probably 20 to 30 minutes. The slow part is getting to the expressway, once you get there its quick sailing to the airport. The expressway is only a few miles from the port. Hope this helps you.

Archived