Victoria with teens

Our cruise will be stopping in Victoria on a Thursday in May from 8am-5pm and I'm looking for suggestions for things to do with teenagers.

I know about the ziplines, but more suggestions are needed for our time there.

Thanks for the help.

You are one of the fortunate people with a good lot of time in Victoria. My thoughts would be:

The Royal BC Museum with its Imax

An excursion on Harbour Ferries

The buskers in the early evening on the causeway in front of the Empress Hotel.

A whale watching excursion.

A horse drawn carriage ride.

"9 TEEN" as in old enough to make the bar scene ? That's the legal drinking age in BC and we have lots of great pubs in Victoria.:rolleyes:

Seriously I would be hard pressed to come up with anything in Victoria for teenagers except taggin' along as usual. It's kinda a fuddy duddy town in the day time. Might be a day for the Older kids program on board maybe.

Maybe someone local with kids can help a lot more.

The usual tourist attractions like Pacific Undersea Gardens and Miniature World as well as Provincial Museum. All are in then downtown core.

Don't forget Beacon Hill Park. A great place to stretch your legs and see the beautiful gardens and the Petting Zoo. Who doesn't like cute, cuddly animals, no matter what age.

Enjoy our beautiful city!

Rockfan2

• 4 weeks later...

Depending on their ages... We have 'Bug World' (next to the Empress hotel)

The Imax at the Royal BC Museum depending on what is showing.

Butterfly World: This is en-route to butchardt gardens so a little way out.

Where I take my older guests: ( I have the luxury of a car)

Mt Tolmie: Great viewing point in the centre of the city 360 views of the Gulf Islands straight de juan de Fuca, Mt baker etc.. On a nice day this is a great place to get an overall perspective of the land.

Fishermans Wharf: For fish and Chips in a nice setting surrounded by float homes.. Much Much better than Redfish bluefish..

Whale watching tour: Adrenaline rush of being on a zodiac style boat ! We were fortunate enough to see a whale breach! Wow awesome....

Butchardt Gardens: For my older visitors is a must do.. tends to be really busy in the mornings..

Mile Zero: Scenic drive tour..

Causeway Artisans: For unique and interesting gifts. It's an area in the inner harbour where every year 'selected' artisans set up.

Empress Hotel: for afternoon tea

Beacon Hill Park In the spring for the baby goats and lambies.. Be sure to look up into the trees for the resident Blue Herons!

Malahat Drive: lovely drive great viewpoints, but given the concerns of getting back to the ship on time ...I wouldn't do this on a Sunday afternoon as traffic can be bad with people heading back to Victoria after a weekend 'up Island'

Our cruise will be stopping in Victoria on a Thursday in May from 8am-5pm and I'm looking for suggestions for things to do with teenagers.

I know about the ziplines, but more suggestions are needed for our time there.

Thanks for the help.

If your kids like adventure, whale watching is a grand idea. While they might originally say LAME; wait until they see the small boat, survival suit etc. They'll talk about it for years.

Prince of Whales; is the largest of the operators and gets consistently good reviews

Archived