Marina Pictorial

JimandStan

Wow!

The Concierge Lounge knocks the socks off the Executive Lounge, unless they both were refurbished after the Maiden voyage. The only thing that is similar to the Executive lounge (on the MV) is the coffee/food area.

The Executive lounge had the computers facing each other in a corner of the room across from the desk that the Concierge worked at.

There was also a "bridge table" surrounded by chairs that frequently held people playing a very intense domino game, as well as a sofa in front of the TV and four upholstered chairs (two on each side). The executive lounge on the MV was certainly serviceable but these photos of the Concierge lounge show a lounge at a completely different level.

We have 12015 in January. I hope the suites up on 12 forward are as nice as yours seems from looking at your pictures....It looks to me that Oceania has hit a home run and now Mr. Del Rio needs to allow Marc Conroy a pair of these new builds.....Thanks again for your comments and photos.:D

The dining room looks a lot like the one on Regent Mariner....In fact, all of the pictures are much more reminiscent of Regent than Oceania...Did you find the interior design to be in the style of Erte's Art Deco?...Your suite pictures pushed me to grab the 10 day cruise in January just ahead of our 12 day cruise...Now we'll be aboard fron 1/13/2012 to 2/4/2012....Thanks again for the postings re: Marina.....Oceania owes you some sort of compensation....;)

The dining room looks a lot like the one on Regent Mariner....In fact, all of the pictures are much more reminiscent of Regent than Oceania...Did you find the interior design to be in the style of Erte's Art Deco?...Your suite pictures pushed me to grab the 10 day cruise in January just ahead of our 12 day cruise...Now we'll be aboard fron 1/13/2012 to 2/4/2012....Thanks again for the postings re: Marina.....Oceania owes you some sort of compensation....;)

What wonderful memories Stan & Jim's images conjure up!

AWED - she is actually nothing like Mariner in person nor is she in any way art deco. I would categorize her as solidly mid-century sensibly elegant. In fact, certain areas are quite progressive and sleek, unlike her elder and smaller siblings.

Best buy on the ship are the 'secret penthouses' on deck 7 aft.

Fantastic pictures! Thank you.

Can I ask what the secret penthouses are on Deck 7?

Thanks!

210504.jpgI believe that Windrunner is talking about 7130 and 7135 which have a larger than normal veranda (with a wake view) due to their position at the stern of the ship.

Hey Stan and Jim, Thanks so much for the pictures!!! They are so beautiful and we are enjoying them all! Haven't even sorted ours yet, but you have captured the essence of it all!! You 2 helped our maiden voyage be so special, and you are to be commended for your time committment to Cruise Critic! So many of our questions were answered before we left because of you, and posters like you! Makes for a small, and wonderful, world!

Cheryl and Roy

We too enjoyed the Stan and Jim posts, also Don's and others precruise. We were on the Miami to SF Panama Canal, our first O cruise but not our last. I have dreamed something about this ship every night since coming home, can't get it out of my mind. Thank you to all the Cruise Critic posters who prepared us for this cruise and to Stan and Jim for their great cocktail party while onboard. We loved everything about this ship including our lovely room on deck 9 and the C Lounge.

Steve and Jeanie

Great pics! Joe and I were talking tonight about the name of the next new vessel...can't remember...duh! Can you clue me in. He's talking about the maiden voyage...are you still in?

Joe and Bev

We too enjoyed the Stan and Jim posts, also Don's and others precruise. We were on the Miami to SF Panama Canal, our first O cruise but not our last. I have dreamed something about this ship every night since coming home, can't get it out of my mind. Thank you to all the Cruise Critic posters who prepared us for this cruise and to Stan and Jim for their great cocktail party while onboard. We loved everything about this ship including our lovely room on deck 9 and the C Lounge.

Steve and Jeanie

What was your room number on deck 9? That is the deck we will be on next month

Deb

Great pics! Joe and I were talking tonight about the name of the next new vessel...can't remember...duh! Can you clue me in. He's talking about the maiden voyage...are you still in?

Joe and Bev

Hi Joe & Bev!

The new ship will be the Riviera, and yes we are certainly still in!

Hope to see you there! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived