Snorkelling at HMC?

Wefewee

For our upcoming Westerdam Cruise, we'll be spending the day in Aruba snorkelling at a couple of recommended beaches.

We bring our own equipment and wonder if it's worth dragging it over to HMC for our day there?

Thanks!

For our upcoming Westerdam Cruise, we'll be spending the day in Aruba snorkelling at a couple of recommended beaches.

We bring our own equipment and wonder if it's worth dragging it over to HMC for our day there?

Thanks!

From my blog on HMC:

"After a bit I headed to the rocky edge of the beach and enjoyed my first snorkel of the trip. Since the bottom is primarily sand and very shallow there were few fish to be seen. At the far corner was a small cluster of rocks and what fish there are were congregating there. Nothing exotic. It was just nice being in the crystal water. The ship was offering a snorkeling excursion but I didn't take it." If it's a hassle to bring your gear I wouldn't bother. JMHO.

Carole

Thanks!

It's sand bottom, nuff said;).

There's a coral garden not far off-shore where the ship's 1 1/2 boat snorkel goes. It's somewhat overpriced at $49, but it's an opportunity to get your face in the water.:D

It ain't Aruba, but HMC is part of the Bahamas. There is coral and sea life.

I remember someone posting finding a good snorkeling area at HMC. I've only been to HMC once so don't remember the layout very well. I think the poster said that there are some rocks to the left of the private Oasis when facing the beach that had some interesting fish. I briefly searched for the thread since I'm going to be at HMC in a month :D and would like to do a little snorkeling. I didn't find what I wanted. I can't remember if it was posted in an HMC thread, a ship review, or a general comment. It might have been on the private islands board.

I took the snorkeling excursion at HMC in January and it was a great experience. Only one other person was on the tour. The crew was wonderful and the water was crystal clear with tons of fish.

Karen

Archived