Bed rails?

alcie

Does anyone know if you can rent/borrow bed rails on board or if you have to bring your own? If you bring your own is it worth it trying to pack one or are you better off finding a Wal-Mart to buy one on your way to port?

I have never worried about bed rails. I have heard you can use pool noodles under the sheet, or a rolled up blanket along he edge. I think I have also heard of inflatable travel type bed rails. I also read on this board somebody turned the small couch in the room around to face the wall and the little one slept there!

Our cruise line, Celebrity, does not have bed rails available. Call and ask your cruise line. I have decided to bring one for our son, who is 4.5. He moves around A LOT at night, and would definitely fall out of bed without one. The bed rail I am bringing collapses easily and fits in our suitcase. Granted, it adds a little extra weight to the suitcase, but it's still under our airline's weight limit per bag. My feeling is, if the kid isn't sleeping well, no one sleeps well. Conversely, if the kid is sleeping well and not falling out of bed, everyone is sleeping well!

Archived