Obc from rccl & on line travel agency?

We have cruised rcccl 11 times and each time except for our last cruise we took in january of this year we booked directly with rccl. For this cruise we booked through a large internet travel agency because of the incentives they were offering. We received a $200.oo shipboard credit plus a coke card plus we were able to combine all that with our diamond discount. I have read here on cc where if you book directly with rccl that you can later transfer the booking to a ta. Does that include the large on line agency that we booked with last year? My next question is that if we book through rccl directly and they are offering an obc, and then transfer the booking to a ta would we be able to keep rccl's obc and whatever the on line agency is offering? Also how long after booking do you have to transfer? Thanks in advance!!

RCL does not authorize TAs to give you OBC and perks, so those are totally separate and show up once you are onboard. I believe I have gotten a card in my cabin saying I got TA OBC.

Whatever OBC you have from RCL doesnt change. You dont have long to transfer to the TA, either 30 or 60 days, so you might consider booking with them in the first place as the rates should be the same.

We have cruised rcccl 11 times and each time except for our last cruise we took in january of this year we booked directly with rccl. For this cruise we booked through a large internet travel agency because of the incentives they were offering. We received a $200.oo shipboard credit plus a coke card plus we were able to combine all that with our diamond discount.

I have read here on cc where if you book directly with rccl that you can later transfer the booking to a ta. Does that include the large on line agency that we booked with last year?

My next question is that if we book through rccl directly and they are offering an obc, and then transfer the booking to a ta would we be able to keep rccl's obc and whatever the on line agency is offering? Also how long after booking do you have to transfer? Thanks in advance!!

You will only receive an OBC from RCI if you book a cruise while on a cruise. If you book from home you could request either a balcony discount or use a C&A Savings Certificate if one becomes available for your cruise.

If you book on board, then you have 60 days from the date the booking was created to transfer to a TA of your choice. You are allowed to combine any incentives that a TA might be offering with the C&A benefits that you received on board.

Archived