Hitting the Miracle with the M.O.B.(Maniacs on Board) Jan. 30, 2011

Delta Dear

This time change has me all messed up. Tonight, I am too tired to write, so I'll let pictures be worth thousands of words.

Fast Forward to noon on the last sea day. What can it be ? Ah, the Chocolate Buffet. If you are not careful, you may miss it just as I did on our Legend cruise. I think there is a small blurb in the Fun Times, but it is not widely promoted.

We had a late breakfast that day so we just hung around the Lido Deck for the chocolate. The Maniacs had sceduled a group photo that day down in the Atrium on the stairase at NOON ! Morgan wasn't up to doing both, so he stayed at the table. The buffet was filled with many goodies. Don't ask me what, but we shared a variety of good things. Siince I am allergic to nuts, there were a number of desserts I had to pass up.

That's it. My brain is tired. Enjoy the photos. By the way, a server does the dipping into the fountain. Just give him a plate of what you want dippped.

Sweet dreams ! More tomorrow !

ChocolateBuffetMiracle2011_0008.jpg

ChocolateBuffetMiracle2011_0006.jpg

ChocolateBuffetMiracle2011_0003.jpg

ChocolateBuffetMiracle2011_0002.jpg

ChocolateBuffetMiracle2011_0005.jpg

ChocolateBuffetMiracle2011_0001.jpg

ChocolateBuffetMiracle2011_0004.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

It is time to wrap this review up by saying our week aboard the Miracle was everything we hoped it would be. We had excellent service, delicious food, more activities than we could possibility participate in, areas where you could enjoy the company of a crowd and areas where you could enjoy solitude. We were blessed to make so many new friends among the Maniacs, and we enjoyed meeting so many of our fellow cruisers.

There were the usual calming views of the blue waters and the blue skies. Here is just one of many. I will post a few more later.

MiracleCruose2011_0010.jpg

This was the second year in a row that we were onboard on Super Bowl Sunday. We enjoyed the Super Bowl game and festivities. There were parties in the theater, the sports bar and the lounge next to the sports bar among other locations. There were food stations set up so you could have your usual Super Bowl treats of nachos, hot dogs, and other goodies. The fun atmosphere of Super Bowl Party was carried out in Fun Ship fashion. I did not take any pictures that night at all.

This rock formation off of the coast St. Thomas was quite far in the distance, but I finally was able to zoom in enough to get a better view.

MiracleCruose2011_0012-1.jpg

MiracleCruose2011_0011-1.jpg

I enjoyed watching the approach to Ft. Lauderdale early that Monday morning. There is something enchanting about the lights of a port in the early morning dawn as the ship silently reenters our home, our country, our reality.

MiracleCruose2011_0003-1.jpg

MiracleCruose2011_0004-1.jpg

MiracleCruose2011_0007-1.jpg

MiracleCruose2011_0006-1.jpg

Debarkation was smooth. We enjoyed breakfast on the Lido, picked up our things from the cabin, said our fond farewells, then headed off the ship back to reality. We were in group #22, but, I don’t recall the time we left the ship.

One tip for writing reviews. Do your review as soon as you possible after you return. I waited too long. I'm sorry to say that this review seems a bit disjointed. I see I even repeated myself several times.

I didn't mention or include the singing and dancing in the MDR. We LOVED it. Such fun and merriment just added to the total cruise experience. This waiter/dancer was so GOOD, I was waiting for some ladies to forget they were on a family ship and slip bills in his 'pockets,' a la' Chip N Dales !

FunontheMiracle2011-1.jpg

I don't remember if I mentioned the steak house. Don't miss it. It is such a nice dining experience.

Forgive whatever omissions or mistakes there are in the review. Ah, the chariots await those returning to port and then to their awaiting transportation home.

MiracleCruose2011_0005-1.jpg

OOPS, the one of the watermelons awaiting entry to the ship were taken just as we were debarking. An official told me I was not allowed to take pictures at that point of debarkation. OH, well, too late. I had already snapped. I did put my camera away, though. Our cabin was right next to the lifeboats on Deck 4. I was not supposed to take that picture, either. Sorry !

MiracleCruose2011_0010-1.jpg

MiracleCruose2011_0008-1.jpg

We spent a couple of days visiting our son in Hollywood, FL, then flew back home. There were a few snow flurries which served to remind us of why we love to get away in the winter.

If you have plans to take the Miracle, may your trip be as fulfilling as ours was. Bon Voyage.

img_0045.jpg

Calamity,

This is a wonderful review. I have such respect for you opting to add all those pictures which only made this review so much better. Knowing what a challenge it was, makes it even more of a Herculean effort. Kudos to you.

Bravo! One of the best reviews I've seen on CC! Miracle is not only my favorite ship because of her itineraries, ship layout, etc, but I've got good friends currently crew members aboard, and your post made me think of them and good times.

Thanks!

Thanks, everyone for your kind remarks. I enjoyed doing the review, but regret that I didn't do it sooner. As I may have stated, I came home to computer problems and ended up buying a new laptop, so I was without resources for a couple of weeks.

I'd love to go back on the Miracle or the Legend for that matter. I think I liked the decor of the Miracle a bit more. Besides Gatsby's Garden, I loved the decor in the Mad Hatters Lounge. I'm a kid at heart, you know.(Retired elementary teacher; we never grow up.)

FunontheMiracle2011_0001.jpg

FunontheMiracle2011_0002.jpg

FunontheMiracle2011_0003.jpg

LOL, any Bylers run before then ? Hey, send me your list before we come in OCT. and we can deliver.. We'll be driving your way ! Yahoo. We can just transfer goods from one vehicle to the next. We have PLENTY of time to plan that, don't we ! 203 days until we sail ! Yahoo !!!!

Loved your review!! We were on the Serenade in Oct. and also went to St.Maarten and St.Lucia. Also did Spencer in St. Lucia and really did not have a good excursion at all. St. Maarten we also went with Joyce Prince and it was great. Only 4 of us in her SUV and really enjoyed it.

Wonderful review!! I actually stumbled upon it when I saw one of your posts while I was reading another review and clicked on your review link in your signature. I love the Miracle too, and hope to sail her again. BTW, your son lives in Hollywood, FL--DH and I are his neighbors!

• 1 month later...

I loved this review. thanks for taking the time to post your experience.

As i said in a different thread, I hope that my hubby and I are as blessed as you guys are. Staying married for as long as you have is very special.

The pic that you posted from St Martin br w/ the volcanic rocks were simply breathtaking. My camera died right before that shot. (literally) I was so disappointed. I hope you don't mind if i steal it?? :)

Again, wonderful review.

StKitts_0061.jpg:)

Lyncoya, steal away ! LOL, also a favorite spiritual of mine !

That's the least I can offer in exchange for your great reviews. I've enjoyed both of them. I may have other photos from St. Kitts that you missed. Send me your email and I'll send you more. (I have a nice one of Jim and Rose, by the way. )

JaneLschool at aol dot com *they say you should not type it the other way because it can be hacked.

Update; I am SO excited that the Maniacs are having a reunion cruise on the BREEZE on March 2, 2013. Many of the friends we sailed with are coming. The Maniacs are fantastic. Warm, fun, welcoming, all ages and stages !

Why don't you join us, we have a roll call on the Breeze Board for that date. There is a B2B listed, but we're only going on the first leg. St. Thomas, Tortola, Antigua, and Nassau in 8 days.

After reading so many of your reviews, I feel as if I know many of you already. I would LOVE to meet more of my CC friends.

That's the least I can offer in exchange for your great reviews. I've enjoyed both of them. I may have other photos from St. Kitts that you missed. Send me your email and I'll send you more. (I have a nice one of Jim and Rose, by the way. )

JaneLschool at aol dot com *they say you should not type it the other way because it can be hacked.

Update; I am SO excited that the Maniacs are having a reunion cruise on the BREEZE on March 2, 2013. Many of the friends we sailed with are coming. The Maniacs are fantastic. Warm, fun, welcoming, all ages and stages !

Why don't you join us, we have a roll call on the Breeze Board for that date. There is a B2B listed, but we're only going on the first leg. St. Thomas, Tortola, Antigua, and Nassau in 8 days.

After reading so many of your reviews, I feel as if I know many of you already. I would LOVE to meet more of my CC friends.

Hmmmmm, I may have to look into that. My email address is Lyncoya32@aol.com. Thanks again :)

Want to do the Breeze and we will have to give this some thought but way to far ahead for us to book.

Stu

• 2 months later...

Becca

My Fiance and I will be on this Cruise as well. My Fiance's brother gets married that saturday and this is his honeymoon and we are poaching thier honeymoon for another cruise. Hopefully we will all get a chance to meet and have a drink or seven.

Joe

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the nice review. We just got off the Miracle on Oct 13th, and really missing it. It's a beautiful ship, and even though we had to miss one port due to bad weather, and another got rained out, we still had a great time!

I loved our cruise directors, Felipe Couto (or is it Cuoto?) and Shawn Hale. I don't think Felipe would've been yours, as I believe he was filling in for the regular CD.

Too bad you missed the Juggler show...that was my favorite!

Archived