Passion island vs. Nachi cocom???

werepullen5

Ok so I thought I was set on going to Passion Island.. but I came across Nachi cocom... not sure which one! This is our first cruise for our 10 year anniversary! I was wanting to get a massage on the beach too! But is the food/drinks/athmosphere is better then the other??? I liked the idea of having a few other options (excursions) while at Nachi too. Any comparisons would be very helpful!! Also did anyone have a problem getting back to the ship while coming from Nachi after feeling good from some drinks ;)??

Ok so I thought I was set on going to Passion Island.. but I came across Nachi cocom... not sure which one! This is our first cruise for our 10 year anniversary! I was wanting to get a massage on the beach too! But is the food/drinks/athmosphere is better then the other??? I liked the idea of having a few other options (excursions) while at Nachi too. Any comparisons would be very helpful!! Also did anyone have a problem getting back to the ship while coming from Nachi after feeling good from some drinks ;)??

I was trying to make the same decision a couple of weeks ago! We decided to go with Nachi Cocom. Passion Island looks so pretty, but there were several factors which made us choose Nachi: shorter time on the beach at Passion Island, no frozen drinks unless you paid OOP for them as they are not included in the price....only rum punch...beer...and a couple of other drinks are included, and transportation to Passion Island.

Nachi was wonderful as it was the 2nd time I have been there. The service was excellent (Carlos was our waiter).....water was very clear and beautiful, food and drinks were yummy.....we spent as much time as we wanted on the beach. Most people were on Carnival and left around 3:30pm.....we felt like we had the beach almost to ourselves for the next hour! As soon as we were ready to leave Carlos told us he would call a taxi and it would be there in 10 minutes. He also asked if I wanted a drink to go....of course I said yes to one more pina colada! The cab was actually waiting for us as it got there so quickly.....no problems at all!

Sorry I do not have any comparisons to make! Hopefully others will respond with more info.

We went to passion and loved the beach, (06-07) the food is buffet and the drinks are either draft beer or there house premaid punches, unless you want to pay the cash bar. Honestly Nachi sounded so much nicer so we did try it in 08 and they do provide bottle beer, or fresh made drinks to order, and the taxi ride to nachi is about half the time at least, and they are waiting to return you to the ship at your desire. They also have a fresh water pool with swim up bar. Nachi has all of what we did like, hope you enjoy day regardless of which tour your chose.

Hi, I just got back from the Passion Island/Catamaran Excursion. I loved Passion Island!!! I could of stayed there for my whole cruise. But I love beaches that are low key. The food/margaritas were by far the best from all of my excursion through RRCI.

The only negative was ~ we did not stay for the whole day!!! The cat was a long trip, but after expereincing the port (I hated it) it was well worth the time. I cried when I had to leave bc it was so beautiful!

Hi, I just got back from the Passion Island/Catamaran Excursion. I loved Passion Island!!! I could of stayed there for my whole cruise. But I love beaches that are low key. The food/margaritas were by far the best from all of my excursion through RRCI.

The only negative was ~ we did not stay for the whole day!!! The cat was a long trip, but after expereincing the port (I hated it) it was well worth the time. I cried when I had to leave bc it was so beautiful!

Hi Juinta,

can you please provide a little more info about the Catamaran Excursion to Passion Isle. Did you do with RCCL? How long was the Catamaran ride? Were there Segways for rent on the beach? (I think I saw that somewhere). Was it all you can eat? Were there many choices (my kids are picky eaters). We are traveling in 3 weeks (Liberty of the Seas) and considering this excursion. Thanks in advance.

Hi Juinta,

can you please provide a little more info about the Catamaran Excursion to Passion Isle. Did you do with RCCL? How long was the Catamaran ride? Were there Segways for rent on the beach? (I think I saw that somewhere). Was it all you can eat? Were there many choices (my kids are picky eaters). We are traveling in 3 weeks (Liberty of the Seas) and considering this excursion. Thanks in advance.

I think the Catamaran is exclusive to RCCL or thats what they told us whe we seen people come on a small boat, so others came on a speed boat. Yes they rent the segways, it was like $15 each. The kids should be ok with the food, its a buffet of BBQ chicken and fish, both tasted ok for a buffet. They also had fruits and salads, I dont recall seeing burgers or hot dogs, but I wasnt looking. The chips and slasa are good and so is the Guac. The Cat ride is long, it is about 40-50 minutes or so one way.

We also love Passion Island , just came back from our third visit there , we booked through an outside company as we dont like the timing of the catamaran , way too early they were leaving shortly after we got there which was around noon. We book through This is Cozumel , take a taxi to end of the island then a short boat ride over , what a great beach just wish you coud spend all day there . The taxi ride is about 30 minutes more or less . You meet in front of Carlos and Charlies downtown then they are waiting for you and tke you back to there or the ship in our case the Int. pier the Navigator very well done , never a problem. The food is Fish chicken rice salad cookies bread chips and the best guac. I have ever tasted. YUMMY oh so good. they are great and the same people seem to work there year in and out we have made friends there as we have been there like i said 3 times. Draft beer Desqui XX Sp?? rum punch fountain pop all purfied , man I want to go back as I sit here in cold Ohio:(:(

Frito, on the thisiscozumel page, they mention many more drinks included than just beer/rum punch. what is the real deal with drinks with the passion island all-inclusive?

Good question why not shoot an email to them , I know they had margaritas as well and all kinds of sodas and water , never really paid much attention , sorry , I drink beer the wife drinks diet soda. Saw lots of drunk people every was having a great time lol. Sorry I cant be more help.

We went to Isla Passion last September.

They had some kind of beer on tap. The drinks were essentially premixed on the rocks. And it was just rum & tequila based drinks from what I remember.

In other words, if you wanted bourbon on the rocks, not gonna happen. ;)

• 4 weeks later...
We went to Isla Passion last September.

They had some kind of beer on tap. The drinks were essentially premixed on the rocks. And it was just rum & tequila based drinks from what I remember.

In other words, if you wanted bourbon on the rocks, not gonna happen. ;)

Took a shore excursion last week to Passion Island and it was the low point of our cruise. The beach chairs were replaced by hard plastic "sleds" in the sand and the open bar was beer and watery rum punch. Lunch was mediocre. When I talked to an employee he told me that a new manager made the recent changes.

Took a shore excursion last week to Passion Island and it was the low point of our cruise. The beach chairs were replaced by hard plastic "sleds" in the sand and the open bar was beer and watery rum punch. Lunch was mediocre. When I talked to an employee he told me that a new manager made the recent changes.

Well darn...I just booked this through Carnival:(

Can anyone tell me if they serve any American beer brands at either Nachi or Isla Passion? Our cruising friends seem to be very rigid when it comes to their beers - Miller Lite or Bud. I have not been able to get them to try any of the local beers on the previous cruises and I can just see them complaining if we spend a day without US beer.

Archived