Carnival to return to MAZATLAND!!!

myrvhome

I hope so too for your sake. We are really disappointed with the changes to our itinerary on the Spirit March 20. There just isn't much for us to do in Cabo for 2 days because we don't go to places like Cabo Wabo or the Office.

imagine that guy that's sailing right now on the splendor back to back. 4 days in cabo! that's 4 days too many!

imagine that guy that's sailing right now on the splendor back to back. 4 days in cabo! that's 4 days too many!

You got that right!!! Although, there are people who love Cabo. We obviously don't. We did not choose this cruise because of Cabo having done it several times. I still wonder why Carnival is not going to Mazatlan yet Princess and HAL are still going there.

Well it looks like we are back to square one again, this was posted today:

MEXICO CITY (AP) - Carnival has become the latest cruise operator to suspend stops in the Mexican resort city of Mazatlan due to violence.

A statement from Carnival Cruise Lines calls the decision a precautionary measure, noting that "there have been no incidents involving cruise passengers."

It says the Carnival Splendor and Carnival Spirit ships will replace Mazatlan with additional calls in Cabo San Lucas and Manzanillo.

Disney Wonder and Holland American have also recently canceled Mazatlan stops. Carnival provided the statement to The Associated Press on Monday.

I hope that "SUSPEND" is not CANCEL, I guess we will just have to see what is next.

Looks like we may indeed get Cabo, Cabo, PV when we sail on the Splendor 5-1-2011 sailing.

NCL's Star is not going either for the remainder of their cruises, through April 30th.

It's funny too beacuse the website updated the 2 days in Cabo for the itinerary but only list first day of excursions. I guess we are on our own the second day.:D

Toni

Latest update posted on msnbc today 3-7-2011:

MEXICO CITY — Carnival has become the latest cruise ship operator to suspend stops in Mazatlan, citing violent incidents in the Pacific coast resort city.

Carnival Cruise Lines called the decision a precautionary measure, noting that "there have been no incidents involving cruise passengers."

"We are working closely with the Mexican government and local officials to review their plans to improve security in all of the main tourist areas," Carnival said in a statement sent to The Associated Press on Monday. "Once we are comfortable with their plans and implementation, we expect to return to Mazatlan."

The Carnival Splendor and Carnival Spirit ships will replace Mazatlan with additional calls in Cabo San Lucas and Manzanillo, the statement said.

Disney Wonder and Holland America have also recently canceled Mazatlan stops.

Mazatlan is located in the northwestern state of Sinaloa, which is the cradle of several drug cartels and has one of the highest homicide rates in Mexico.

The city has in general been much safer than the rest of the state, with port officials describing crimes against cruise passengers as isolated and minor, such as purse snatchings.

In February, however, two men were shot to death in the parking lot of a hotel frequented by foreign visitors. Neither of the victims were tourists, but guests reported hearing the gunshots.

Last week, five dead bodies were found dangling from bridges over a highway in Mazatlan.

We met you last year on the Spirit in March! Allie was in a cast and we hope she is doing well now. You showed us your cabin and we have it booked on an upcoming Miracle cruise. We will also be on the Splendor but two weeks ahead of you! Darn!

We also got an email from Carnival yesterday with the change of itinerary. I am glad that they were able to let us know as we had booked and prepaid for some private tours that we have now changed around. I don't want to change them again!!!

Judy & George

I found you on your roll call - as I was lurking around trying to figure out what others are doing with two days in Cabo. Ally has had a tough time with her recovery. She is having another surgery to remove the screw, and hope that helps. Almost a year to the day of the first surgery. She has had a difficult year trying to play sports and dealing with intense swelling, pain and bruising. Poor girl.

I did see in your signature that you got 7258!!! Lucky. We are doing the Miracle southern in late November and couldn't get a great balcony cabin. All of the 7258 style and the aft wraps are gone already.

We also had to move our private tours around, and cancel the one for Mazatlan that was shaping up to be my favorite! Oh well - minor hassle and a few bucks in cancellation fee.

Hoping you have a great time on your cruise -would have been fun to sail with you again. Take care!!!

Just got off the spirit 9 day cruise sunday and they did cancel our stop in mazatlan. We were notified on Monday that we would be doing a second day in Cabo instead of Mazatlan to replace the first day port Cabo cancelation due to high winds.

I just got notice yesterday that Mazatlan was taken out of our Splendor itinerary for March 27 sailing.

So disappointed...but we will have to return again another time.

On our roll call!

Silc

Going on the Spirit on the April 1st sailing and we have NOT received any notice of our itinery changing as of yet...

I'm also on the same sailing. I spoke to Carnival TA desk and they said as of now we are still scheduled for Mazatlan.

Carnival has NOT stated they are not going back for the season. They say suspended, temporarily canceled, etc.....Anything I see makes it appear to be through March. They certainly can't give us another day in Cabo. :rolleyes: I suppose Manzanillo will work for us but I'd like to go to Mazatlan.

It's quite odd that HAL is still going there.

Gina

Archived