oasis of the sea the week of the 26 th feb

We were on that cruise and got off today: Our room was on the 7th floor, midship and we never felt any real movement or rolling. I can tell you this when we left St Maarten for the remaining two days of sailing the Captain came over the loud speaker and announced that he would be taking a different course back to Ft Lauderdale so as not to get into the Atlantic Ocean and stay in the Caribbean Sea where the water would be calmer. So with that course, even tho we would be 80 + miles off the normal course (I went to the behind the scenes tour and talk by the Captain in the Opal Theater) it was smoothe as glass.

We were on that cruise and got off today: Our room was on the 7th floor, midship and we never felt any real movement or rolling. I can tell you this when we left St Maarten for the remaining two days of sailing the Captain came over the loud speaker and announced that he would be taking a different course back to Ft Lauderdale so as not to get into the Atlantic Ocean and stay in the Caribbean Sea where the water would be calmer. So with that course, even tho we would be 80 + miles off the normal course (I went to the behind the scenes tour and talk by the Captain in the Opal Theater) it was smoothe as glass.

thank u for the reply i can tell u first hand the atlantic ocean its was real rough like 10 to 18 ft seas

• 4 weeks later...
hi there my queastion is did u feel any rough seas at any time while on board .WHY i ask is i was on the dream and monday and friday she was really rolling just like to get info on how the large ship did thank u ;)

i was on Oasis there was more then usual movement but nothing too bad! Was wondering if you took any pictures of Oasis from Dream, if so would love to see I have some pictures of Dream that I took from Oasis :)

I was on Oasis the week of 2/26. Yes, Monday we felt movement -- not horrendous, but more than we had been led to believe we would feel on a ship that large (especially since people had actually complained about not being able to feel ANY movement on the Oasis). On Friday we didn't feel movement BUT we had been told to expect rough seas and a storm and were told later that the Captain had changed course to avoid the heavy weather. Maybe the Dream stayed on the original course and ran into the storm we avoided. Just a guess.

Archived