That's Our Cabin!!! :)

sail7seas

:) I was just looking through the Caribbean/Mexico & Panama Canal Cruise Brochure for April 2005 - April 2007 and I saw the photo of the "S" Cabin.

THAT IS OUR CABIN IN THE PHOTO.

When we were aboard Veendam in January, all of the "S" Suites were occupied but the photographer needed to have access to a suite for new photos. We didn't mind...actually we had alot of fun with that great guy and his assistant.

He told us to put a personal item on the bureau so we would know for sure the photo in the brochure really was of our cabin.

There it is!!!

We always travel with a photo in a small frame and that is what we placed on the bureau and there it is!!!

I sure wish we were in that cabin RIGHT NOW!!!

It is fun though to see our cabin and remember when we were aboard waiting for the sun to set to just the right angle the photographer waited for before snapping his camera.

Just received my brochure today and the first place I went was to the picture

of you suite on the Veendam. Could see the picture on the dresser. What a thrill. Looks just like our room (7006 when we can get it). Know you will never

throw that brochure away. Gayle

I would be just as thrilled as you are! Too bad you couldn't have at least snuck in a profile, but I'm assuming you're too classy to attempt that. I would have asked.

I can't wait to meet you aboard "Your Maasdam"

GN

GN....I'm really looking forward to seeing you aboard. Won't be too long now!!!

Sail,

Are you looking in the online e-brochure or a hard copy at home ?????

I was looking at the hard copy brochure, Ziggy, but I'm quite sure the same photo will be used on-line as well.

Oooooooooooooh.......I want the brochure. How come I didn't get it yet? I'm going to email them for one. What fun for you, Sail! Almost takes you back, right?

It really was alot of fun for us, Heather.

The photographer was a delightful, very sophisticated, friendly gent and we loved the lady who assisted him. They were such nice people and appreciative we didn't mind their using our suite. When we were asked, we agreed immediately. Why not!! We never expected it to be so much fun.

They gave us a wonderful calendar with loads of photos of various ships .....he photographs just about all the ships; does all the brochures and his photos appear in one of the very popular cruise magazines. When he gave us that calendar, we were thrilled and have saved it as a wonderful momento of our fun cruise.

Just received my brochure today and the first place I went was to the picture

of you suite on the Veendam. Could see the picture on the dresser. What a thrill. Looks just like our room (7006 when we can get it). Know you will never

throw that brochure away. Gayle

:) You're right, Gayle. I will save that brochure but I know it will be appearing in all of the brochures for the near future.

They needed new photos because of the change (SOE) in the Suite bedding. The old photos did not accurately show the way the beds are now made up.

We even were the first to use the new strip of brocade which lays over the duvet across the bottom of the bed. It had to be sent to the ship expressly for the photo. (Those in housekeeping who brought it in and placed it on our bed agreed that we should continue to use it for the rest of our cruise. We convinced them (wasn't that difficult ;) ) that we would feel so badly if they took it away from us when the pics were all taken. You know we were so careful to be sure to not damage it in any way.

It was alot of fun and something out of the ordinary.

That is what is still so wonderful for us about cruising...no matter how many times we go, how many ships, how many cruises, new things keep happening and we experience things we never did before.

I went to the HAL site and they have a wonderful new feature! They have online brochures. When you click on that, you then get your choice of the brochure (book). It opens the brochure in Acrobat Reader so you are looking at the exact brochure. You can then zoom in/zoom out ... it's great!

So I saw the picture of "your" suite, Sail! I can see why you would be so comfortable there. I couldn't see what the picture was of, however, and I can't remember if you told us. We don't bring pictures with us on cruises except for a tiny one of Molly (and that only because DH misses her so;) ).

Lippopop....

You're right!!! That would have been sooo fun!!!

:)

Ziggy.... I hope that keep using that pic over and over and we can keep reliving the fun we had each time we see it.

Archived