For Infoqueen

Hi Shirley,

We had a fantastic time in Mexico, it was the most amazing thing we've ever done.

We did the Thomson's Yucatan Explorer for a week followed by a week A.I. at a seaside hotel.

It was weird to start, we got off the plane in Cancun and were told to wait for the transport, there was only us 2 there. no one else off the plane.

A minibus picked us up and took us 2 hours inland to the 1st hotel and we thought "We'll be joining the rest of the group there". But getting there, there was only us.

It was low season and we were the only ones doing the tour. We had a guide with a silver Mercedes to ourselves the whole week. We were like royalty.

We had to work for it though, up really early most mornings and it was over 30C every day, but it was worth it as we saw the sights at the quietest, coolest part of the day. In most sites we were leaving as the big tour busses arrived.

It is a shame it's so far away, we are glad we paid for Premium seats on the plane.

Anyway we were both ill on return, (plane A/C not Mexican bugs). Then DW managed to backhand a glass of Port over the laptop and it died in a drunken stupor.I wouldn't have minded so much but it wasn't even my port, she'd put hers down next to the laptop.

We had to move a cruise from last year so we could go to Mexico, but we have to take it in June as well as Red Sea Magic at the end of this month that was already booked.

On top of that eldest son (26) had given up work to return to college and Government being awkward about funding. So we've been helping.

So between everything a new laptop was low on priority list.

Well that's the saga.

Berwyn

Anyway we were both ill on return, (plane A/C not Mexican bugs). Then DW managed to backhand a glass of Port over the laptop and it died in a drunken stupor.I wouldn't have minded so much but it wasn't even my port, she'd put hers down next to the laptop.

Berwyn

What a waste of Port

Hi B

bless you for bumping it up so nice to hear from you we were all worried about you. Loved Mexico and had a wonderful time and went to see chichen itza, what violent pople they were sacrificing the winner of the sports day for the gods oh well. stayed at gran bahia pincipe (Tulum) on riviera maya just hotels, sea and the jungle. Now looking at which ship to go on later this year may opt for colourful coasts on the Dream it appears to have sorted some of its problems now. went on spirit (Adriatic Explorer) last august it was awesome

take care speak soon

shirley

I felt bad at the time, not being able to let people know what was happening.

It's nice to know how so many of us care about each other on here.

We stayed at the Riu Palace Riviera Maya in Playa Del Carmen in 2nd week. It was beautiful' a real palace.

We did Colourful Coasts with the boys in Dec 2009, it was a nice relaxing cruise with no big intensive sightseeing like you get in the Med but with still plenty to see.

Berwyn

Archived