Power supply on The Crown

User Error

Been looking through various threads and still abit confused so can someone please clarify info about power sockets on the Crown for Uk travellers

I understand that all sockets are the US style socket(2 pin flat) and are 110 volt- Does this mean that things like my lap top,i phone charger, camera battery charger will charge but a bit slower than usual if I use the adaptor available in shops here in the uk.

I also have read about the famous Euro socket under the bed (or somewhere similar)- can someone clarify the Voltage for this one, the fact that it is the Euro (round) 2 pin, exactly where it is in the cabin and the fact that there actually is one in each cabin on riviera deck on The Crown.

Promise I'm done after that.

Thanks

Been looking through various threads and still abit confused so can someone please clarify info about power sockets on the Crown for Uk travellers

I understand that all sockets are the US style socket(2 pin flat) and are 110 volt- Does this mean that things like my lap top,i phone charger, camera battery charger will charge but a bit slower than usual if I use the adaptor available in shops here in the uk.

I also have read about the famous Euro socket under the bed (or somewhere similar)- can someone clarify the Voltage for this one, the fact that it is the Euro (round) 2 pin, exactly where it is in the cabin and the fact that there actually is one in each cabin on riviera deck on The Crown.

Promise I'm done after that.

Thanks

I would call princess directly. My experience with the convertors is that things do charge slower...and I did not noticed a European outlet anywhere in my riviera cabin in October.

however a lot of stuff has voltage option

if it does swith it to 110v

Many of the newer electronic devices will run/charge on 110v-240v automatically. Check each device to be sure.

One exception is my wife's hair dryer. It does have a voltage switch that has to be manually set.

Lew

Most electronics these days are dual voltage. Phones, computers, etc., all are dual voltage so double check but I bet yours are as well. I know all of mine are. And, I make sure to purchase a curling iron for my hair that is as well.

Most electronics these days are dual voltage. Phones, computers, etc., all are dual voltage so double check but I bet yours are as well. I know all of mine are. And, I make sure to purchase a curling iron for my hair that is as well.
Just checked my camera charger and it's dual voltage as well. There is an outlet in the bathroom that is 110/240v but is rated for shavers only. Here are a couple of photos of the outlets, the first of the one in the cabin, the second, the one in the bathroom:

Outlet3.jpg

Outlet1.jpg

We were on the Crown in cabin R301 Riviera deck and used the 'under the bed" outlet for DW's CPAP - a 240V device. It is a two round pin (German "shuko" see picture at http://www.powercords.co.uk/standard.htm ) socket. Look under the bed at the wall the headboard is on Alternatively, one of the table lamps at the side tables is connected there - follow its wire down.

We disconnected the lamp and had the CPAP connected the entire cruise - the steward ignored the wire leading under the bed. Although we used a US power strip in the 120V outlet on the desk, I suppose you could use a 240V power strip connected under the bed as well.

Shalom from Tel Aviv, Andy.

Archived