Equinox - Special ordering a 220/240V AC white noise machine, do we need....

CruisinManiac

Since I blew our 110V sound machine up the last time I was in Rome, we are special ordering a white noise machine to use in Rome and for use on the ship. It will be a 220/240V plug, instead of a 110 with use of an adaptor. There are three order options for plug types. Beside the standard US 110V outlet, which type does the ship have for Europeans? Standard two pin European type plug, three pin U.K. type plug, or with two angled blade type slots?

Generally the 2 pin will do. Why not just get one from Magellans that uses batteries? That's what we've done. Batteries that seem dead from a camera or other electronic item will normally still work in the sleep machine.

Really? Do you have a link? Do the batteries have enough juice to put out a high enough sound? We use the two speed on high, at home.;)

I thought about using a CD, but have no guarantee that the hotels in Rome would have a player, especially a player with a continued loop feature.

We cannot sleep without white noise. :o We can get buy without a machine if a hotel has a wall type air conditioning unit with FAN, but we have only had to resort to that when we forget our machine. If the air conditioning unit is not available, we don't sleep. :rolleyes:

I've even put a 20 minute white noise sound on my Kindle, for sleeping in the airplane, and while sunning out on deck. It will also be good to drown out passengers when I try to read. :D

If this is what you were talking about, I don't think it will work. :(

http://www.magellans.com/store/Alarm_ClocksAC119?Args=&refchan=Search

Not sure if it has a "white noise" sound, and the break in loop could bother us. I don't know. Does it play continually until you shut it off. Said something about auto shut off. We don't want something playing for an hour and then shutting off. Could we use rechargeable batteries?

It's more expensive than the Marmac machine, but does have the added bonus of the clock. ;)

Archived