Beach in Nassau?

bangzoom6877

We would like to take a taxi (or ferry) to the beach in Nassau (well, preferably Paradise Island) when we dock there this summer (going on the Jewel). Any beaches you would recommend? The plan is to get off the ship early in the morning, go to the beach for a couple of hours, come back to the ship and have lunch and change, then walk around in the afternoon by the straw market.

OK, you have two choices: either cable beach on Nassau or take a water taxi over to Paradise Island (which is alot cheaper than a regular cab; about $6 per person ) then you can walk to Cabbage Beach which is free. Note: Its a decent walk to the beach and there are no changing facilities or restrooms, while you can rent chairs, umbrellas and there is a small bar selling drinks.

We are getting a day pass at the British Colonial Hilton which is walking distance from the ship and is private and includes food...gives us time to fight off the street vendors at the straw market on the way back.

I know everyone will say they are beautiful...but no way am I doing a public beach in Nassau.....

We are getting a day pass at the British Colonial Hilton which is walking distance from the ship and is private and includes food...gives us time to fight off the street vendors at the straw market on the way back.

I know everyone will say they are beautiful...but no way am I doing a public beach in Nassau.....

How do you go about getting a day pass at British Colonial Hilton? How much does it cost?

I am concerned about a rest room since we will have 2 small children with us (ages 4 and 6).

Archived