Bad reviews

rere30

I find it hard to believe that there are that many problems on the Dream there seems to be a lot of complaining.I have so say it worries me a little I had to seriously convince my sister to go on this ship and spend the money.I believe a cruise is what you make of it but im not sure she sees it that way I do hope to see some great reviews in the up coming months

We were on the Dream 2-24-27th and thought that the only issue was for us at dinner the servers were very slow and because of being new to the industry inexperienced. Nice enough but had to learn the system. Also AVOID 5th deck aft. We had a cabin and could not sleep until past 2 A.M. for some Goofy reason they located the discos right under this batch of cabins. Bad design....But we felt for such a new crew everything went well. This was our 4th cruise on Disney and 11th overall. Hope this helps....plus as my farther said"you can give some people the world and they would expect a fence around it"...:):D

People will complain about anything and everything. I'm sure being a new ship there are some kinks that haven't been ironed out yet. If there's something you don't like about your cruise experience, tell a cast member right away. Disney is so great about making the "wrong" "right"; but they won't know you aren't happy unless you SPEAK UP! Also, be detailed on your comment card at the end of the cruise, Disney is very big into market research, etc and your opinions will help make cruises better for you and everyone in the future!

It's a very large ship, i'm sure with a bit of research you can find out the staterooms that are loud, or have problems and complaints and request a different room. You can usually pick your own stateroom right when you book; so do a little homework, or get a Disney Travel Agent who can do it all for you.

I'm sure everyone will have a great time, just take the complaints with a grain of salt, if it's a specific complaint you're hearing over and over then there probably is a problem that can be remedied, if it's just random complaints disregard it and know that you're going to have a magical vacation no matter what!

We were on the Jan30 Dream and we had a good time. Sorry I didn't write a review and I wasn't as vocal as others in expressing likes/dislikes.

Now since I have done it, if I could choose it again will I still do it? Absolutely. Now will I do another Dream 3/4/5 cruise again in the near future? Probably not. I'll wait for the 7-nights Fantasy.

If Disney were charging "training cruise" price breaks I would cut them more slack. they are charging full price, so I expect "full service"

We did complain to our head server about our wait staff and things did improve, but IMHO great service should be a given to all, not to those who complain and if I have to complain you have dropped the ball.

When you book a cruise on a brand new ship that's not a replacement for a 'retiring' ship but rather an expansion of the cruise line, realistically you've got to expect that not every single detail is going to be 100% perfect. A few folks have commented about the large number of new crew members, easily identified by the red "Earning My Ears" ribbons on their name tags. Chances are a considerable number of them have little or no prior cruise ship experience, and not only have to learn a new trade but also a new ship, new 'home' environment, new co-workers, and a new corporate culture.

We had considered booking an early cruise on Dream, but decided to hold off until some of the wrinkles have had time to settle out or be ironed out. Frankly, we still don't expect everything to be 100% even after five months. But we're going into it with a positive attitude and determination to have a fun and relaxing time.

Just my two cents worth.....

:cool:

I always go in to any vacation with a positive attitude.We have done a disney cruise before and had no problems but then again didnt go looking for them. When we go to dinner we are in no hurry its a time to spend together as a family.With teenagers its hard to get good quality time so dinners are important to us at home and on vacation so a little longer at dinner I can handle.I very much am looking forward to this cruise.

My good friends are on the Dream right now she promised me a complete review...she called me from her stateroom before sailing yesterday and said this?

1- rooms are very nice and balcony

2- faster boarding if you cruised on disney in the past

3- shower curtain in shower but no shower door but has bathtub (she had balcony up on deck 10)

4- beds to not come apart but she not care about that

5- lunch was very good she said they were bowls of shrimp given out, lamb chops, hot chicken dishes, roast beef, turkey, etc.

6- tequila sunrise was $8.00

7- people from all parts of the world france, germany, england, etc.

8- there were kids this time of year even with school year going on (I get more details when she gets back)

9- no lifejackets needed during boat drill (all cruise lines established this since last year I believe)

They have been to Nassau over and over so they will not (as I wouldn't) get off there so they will take the day to look around the ship and take photo's, I will write a report for you when she gives me her review lol :)

When you book a cruise on a brand new ship that's not a replacement for a 'retiring' ship but rather an expansion of the cruise line, realistically you've got to expect that not every single detail is going to be 100% perfect. A few folks have commented about the large number of new crew members, easily identified by the red "Earning My Ears" ribbons on their name tags. Chances are a considerable number of them have little or no prior cruise ship experience, and not only have to learn a new trade but also a new ship, new 'home' environment, new co-workers, and a new corporate culture.

We had considered booking an early cruise on Dream, but decided to hold off until some of the wrinkles have had time to settle out or be ironed out. Frankly, we still don't expect everything to be 100% even after five months. But we're going into it with a positive attitude and determination to have a fun and relaxing time.

Extactly! we should also expect this with the original ships too, Disney took 30% of the staffs from each ships for the dream, so all three ships will have some problems going forward.

My wife and two kids sailed on the Dream 2/24 - 27. While the dining was a little slow, the staff was amazing. It seemed to take a little longer than normal for everyone's entrees to arrive, but while we waited, the staff's interaction with us and our children made up for the little extra wait time.

We did particularly like the Animator's Palate. Our six year old had a nice conversation with Crush.

I always go in to any vacation with a positive attitude.We have done a disney cruise before and had no problems but then again didnt go looking for them. When we go to dinner we are in no hurry its a time to spend together as a family.With teenagers its hard to get good quality time so dinners are important to us at home and on vacation so a little longer at dinner I can handle.I very much am looking forward to this cruise.

That's our attitude too. The fact that we are on vacation on a cruise ship generally overshadow any glitches we experience. It takes some effort for me to "remember" certain not-so-good instance.

We sailed on the Disney Magic when she was less than a month old. We had not only a new ship but a new line also.

There were things going wrong all over the place from bad KTTW cards to wet paint in the pool and the photo system shutting down.

We just rolled with it. I thought it was interesting to see these things and how they dealt with them. There were a whole lot more things going right than wrong and we loved that cruise, enough to book one of the first 7-day Magic cruises.

I have actually read more good reviews than bad about the dream. Yes some people weren't happy, but most seemed to have loved it. Some people have been on the same sailing and had 2 totally different opinions. If you go in looking for bad, then you will find it.

People will complain about anything and everything. I'm sure being a new ship there are some kinks that haven't been ironed out yet. If there's something you don't like about your cruise experience, tell a cast member right away. Disney is so great about making the "wrong" "right"; but they won't know you aren't happy unless you SPEAK UP! Also, be detailed on your comment card at the end of the cruise, Disney is very big into market research, etc and your opinions will help make cruises better for you and everyone in the future!

It's a very large ship, i'm sure with a bit of research you can find out the staterooms that are loud, or have problems and complaints and request a different room. You can usually pick your own stateroom right when you book; so do a little homework, or get a Disney Travel Agent who can do it all for you.

I'm sure everyone will have a great time, just take the complaints with a grain of salt, if it's a specific complaint you're hearing over and over then there probably is a problem that can be remedied, if it's just random complaints disregard it and know that you're going to have a magical vacation no matter what!

Gosh, do you work for Disney Cruise Line? I have to disagree with your statement that cast members will right the wrongs, if you tell them. That was not our experience when we were on the Dream. We stood in line for 20 minutes to talk to a cast member at guest services and their response did not give any indication that they were going to do anything about the issues we were having. This was our 3rd Disney cruise, so we know what their service should be, however, our latest experience on the Dream didn't even come close to our previous trips.

Gosh, do you work for Disney Cruise Line?

That seems unnecessary. Her experience that cast members were helpful when alerted to a problem is no less valid than your experience that cast members were not. Should we accuse you of working for a competing cruise line since you posted a complaint? Of course not. Also, since you say you had two good cruises with Disney prior to this one, presumably you are aware that there are helpful cast members out there.

Archived