Negative Entertainment Reviews

dot

I have read many reviews (negative) about the shows on the Miracle. Does anyone know is Carnival reads the boards?One would think that they might try and change the shows or replace the folks that are not getting good reviews. We have cruised many times and for the most part all of the shows were great. I am a little concerned about our cruise June 12th and what we are going to experience at showtime. Just wondered if Carnival knows.

I have read many reviews (negative) about the shows on the Miracle. Does anyone know is Carnival reads the boards?One would think that they might try and change the shows or replace the folks that are not getting good reviews. We have cruised many times and for the most part all of the shows were great. I am a little concerned about our cruise June 12th and what we are going to experience at showtime. Just wondered if Carnival knows.

Reviews are just people's personal opinion. I was on the Miracle the end of January 2005 and I did not like the shows myself. I also have cruised with CCL many times so I have seen them all basically or some form of it. Even other cruise lines like RCI are similar.They all put on a show that appeals to the masses.If I was seeing them for the first time I would be thrilled. Just go an enjoy yourself and form your own opinion.

Steve

Actually, the replacement of the shows & cast varies by cruise line. Assuming you are talking about the production shows, most lines would have two song & dance shows for a 7 night cruise. They will typically keep a show for 18 to 24 months before retiring it. The cast for this type of show usually signs an 8 to 12 month contract. They will spend 3 or 4 weeks in land based rehearsals and costume fitting, and then another 7 to 10 months on board. There are two types of talent booked. The dancers are chosen more for dancing ability and their singing can range from low average to pretty good. The sound technicians will lower or kill the mikes on the less gifted singers. The lead singers are selected for their voices, and less emphasis on dancing ability, though they do have some dance ability.

When you consider the amount of energy they display, singing and dancing on an often rocking stage, I think they are amazing professionals.

Also, some cruise lines, such as Carnival, have the cast doing other duties, such as selling raffle tickets, bingo assistants, etc. Others, for example HA, just use the cast in their entertainment role.

If the sailing that you are on has a "meet the cast" session, you might consider attending. We were on cruises on HAL and RCI where these were offered, and it was well worth the time spent to listen to these professionals talk about their jobs, and answer questions from the audience.

Yes, these are only some peoples opinions. People will write about a bad experience before they write about a good one.

I went on the Miracle last summer and loved all the shows, including the hypnotist, knowing well off it was going to be a slow start.

I went to the Beatles show not expecting the Beatles to be there, and loved it as well. How can you go wrong with anything Beatles, unless your expectations are that John and George are to be resurrected?

The generations show we had planned to skip, and were walking the promenade for the late show, and ventured in. It was good enough that we sat down on the steps to watch it, as the theater was filled.

Enjoy!!!!!

Just wondered if Carnival knows.

Hi Dot. Although I haven't cruised on the Miracle, I've thoroughly enjoyed both production shows on the ships I've cruised on, even though I've seen the same shows a few times - but with different lead singers.

I would think that Carnival would only know passenger's opinions (good or bad) by filling out their comment cards before leaving the ship. The cruise director on my last cruise told me that each and every comment is read, and the really negative comments are sent on to Carnival PR director.

Like everything else in life, if the folks in charge aren't aware of a problem, how will they know to fix it?:D

Hope you have wonderful entertainment on your cruise!

for your sake and the sake of all others, i hope Eugene is gone by the time your sailing rolls around.....someone seriously needs to push both him and his guitar overboard the Miracle

Don't forget Karl with a K, he needs a ball and chain on his way over the rail also.

Steve

Thanks for your replies-I should know by now (after cruising 7 times) that you can only please some of the poeple some of the time but not all of the folks all of the time.

I love to cruise and can truly say I have never had a bad experience even when we were in HURRICANE ERIN-that is a memory I will always remember and have nothing negative to say about it. It was an adventure and my kids still talk about it. Thanks for reminding me to not read negative remarks just keep counting the days. 97 from today, Dot

Don't forget Karl with a K, he needs a ball and chain on his way over the rail also.

Steve

I found Eugene to be a good guitar player, but tiring after a point. Karl was even worse, a Brit from the "Benny Hill" school of entertainment.

"The lead singers are selected for their voices, and less emphasis on dancing ability, though they do have some dance ability."

I hate to burst your bubble, but on every CCL I have been on, the lead "singers" didn't sing, they lipped it.

I remember a conversation with a sound tech on the Elation a few years ago. He was on the top deck having a cig at around midnight. After I told him that I thought they were lipping it it, he said it was a little secret they are not supposed to talk about, but yeah, they run tapes.

I think you will like the shows if you are not expecting grade A broadway musicals. They are ametuer shows.. and they are a lovely way to waste an hour. I enjoed the Beatles show immensly. Didnt like the other one--Generations but it was ok.

Karl with a K is a young-gun--with a lot of energy . (wish I could have an 8th of an inch of his energy. We saw him more then we saw the cruise director. As annoying Karl with a K is-- he is the only social host that I have ever seen that gets his audience particiapting in his activities..

Archived