Disney after Cruise on Freddom

deniuh

:confused:Hello CC Family,

Once again I am asking for your help. We have decided to stay two days after our cruise to go to Disney. This will be our first time. We have a group of 10 - 9 adults which include 3 grandparents and our 3 yrd old daughter. Staying onsite is very expensive considering you only have 2 days and will be trying to see everything. Has anyone stayed at these resorts? I have read up on trip advisor but I trust my CC folks - you guys are always on the ball with advice. If you have other recommendations please let me know as well.

Fairfield Inn & Surites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in the Marriott Village

Courtyard Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village

Springhill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village

Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando & Sea world

We have a good marriott discount so that is why I am looking at these properties.

Thanks!!

I highly recommend that you go to the disboards discussion forum and look under the Orlando Hotels & Attractions thread. You will get tons of advice on each particular hotel you are looking into. Good Luck

If you find a good price on the hotel, don't forget to add in transportation costs/parking....if you stay at a Disney resort, there are none of those costs...transportaion is included! And, it's easy!

Your 3 year old is too young to appreciate much of what Disney offers....she'll like the "kiddie" rides, but won't "get" the high-tech effects that make many of the attractions so special!

Do NOT try to do the entire Disneyworld thing....get a Disney guidebook, find the things you want to see, and do them. There's absolutely NO WAY to do ALL of the parks and attractions in 2 days. It ain't happ'nin, Cap'n! It takes a full day per "park"...and then some!

We did two days at Disney last spring with our then 5, 3, and 1 year old. We only did Magic Kingdom and found what worked best for us was to get there when the gates opened, spend until lunch, go back to hotel, swim, nap, and then head back over to the park for dinner and more rides/parades.

We are Marriott Reward members and had originally planned to use points to stay at one of the Marriott properties. Instead we stayed at Pop Century - immersed in Disney, free parking, transportation to the parks, and great pool/splash area for the kids. The rates for Pop were reasonable, although we used our Delta Skymiles to pay for two rooms (grandparents were with us) for two nights.

Have fun!

• 3 weeks later...
:confused:Hello CC Family,

Once again I am asking for your help. We have decided to stay two days after our cruise to go to Disney. This will be our first time. We have a group of 10 - 9 adults which include 3 grandparents and our 3 yrd old daughter. Staying onsite is very expensive considering you only have 2 days and will be trying to see everything. Has anyone stayed at these resorts? I have read up on trip advisor but I trust my CC folks - you guys are always on the ball with advice. If you have other recommendations please let me know as well.

Fairfield Inn & Surites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in the Marriott Village

Courtyard Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village

Springhill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Marriott Village

Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando & Sea world

We have a good marriott discount so that is why I am looking at these properties.

Thanks!!

Hello! I am very new to cruising but I am a Disney expert:D I have helped friends plan many trips. I second the pp who said to go to the disboards they will help you out a lot! POP Century has very reasonable rates and has just been refurbished with flat screen tvs and privacy curtains :D If you stay onsite you will be able to use the Disney transpo. If you want more info I am happy to help send me a PM, I am on the Dis also as beachgrl001 :D

Archived