The Oasis on Pacific Dawn

Can anyone tell me about "The Oasis " which is aft on deck 10 of the Pacific Dawn.

Is this a "pay extra to use " space like The Sanctuary on Princess ships ? If so, how much ? For what ?

Looking at the deck plans, I thought "Yeah, book a cabin towards the back on deck 10 and I can easily access an outdoor space to enjoy the ship's wake ". Can I ???

Yes the oasis on all p and o ships now is a pay extra to use space.

I am just not sure how much it is i cant remember i am sure someone else will be able to inform you.

Thank you for your reply Drelix.

I rang P & O (duh , could have done that first ) but I guess a post on Cruise Critic lets everyone know.

P&O 's answer:

" Price is $5 pp for a half day, $10 pp for a full day.

There's complimentary tea and coffee. There's bar service and one is welcome to bring food from the buffet.

The Oasis is a sitting area with deck chairs ."

My thoughts : I can walk up the stairs and use the free aft area of Deck 11 :)

Maybe its different between ships but I've often seen people post they were charging $10 half and $20 full on Jewel.

Would assume they were the same.

Hopefully someone who's been firsthand will see this. Just go up/down a deck and sit there at the back for free, don't see the point in paying for a fancy chair haha :) Drag a deckchair down if you have to

Maybe its different between ships but I've often seen people post they were charging $10 half and $20 full on Jewel.

Would assume they were the same.

Hopefully someone who's been firsthand will see this. Just go up/down a deck and sit there at the back for free, don't see the point in paying for a fancy chair haha :) Drag a deckchair down if you have to

I think the $10/$20 price is more likely to be the correct one. It's not unknown for the call centre to have the wrong information about these things.

I just looked through the Pacific Daily's for our Christmas Cruise on Pacific Dawn, but unfortunately they don't put the prices in there (of course).

>Just go up/down a deck and sit there at the back for free, don't see the point in paying for a fancy chair haha <

Agreed, cruisin-m

I'll have a look at the Oasis, maybe, but open space, fresh air, chairs , and nice people will also be elsewhere on the ship. The idea of an exclusive area doesn't sit well with us.

How was your xmas cruise on the Pac Dawn, Skyrules? We want to try a P & O ship, because we can cruise from nearby Brisbane. That's appealing.

Archived