Nieuw Amsterdam 4th deck aft cabin noise?

jackinav

We are about the experience our first aft cabin and are very excited! We've decided on deck 4 because our SC category cabin is larger than the only other available selection on deck 6 and there are three of us in the group. We've read that we may hear a lot of noise from the dining room. I'm okay with a little noise but I want to make sure my family have a great experience.

If you've stayed in an aft cabin on deck 4 of NA, did you find the dining room noises too intrusive? We were also wondering if the cleaning structure (what the heck is it called??) is permanently located on the side portion of the corner balcony and if so, did it pose any problem. Thank you!

We are about the experience our first aft cabin and are very excited! We've decided on deck 4 because our SC category cabin is larger than the only other available selection on deck 6 and there are three of us in the group. We've read that we may hear a lot of noise from the dining room. I'm okay with a little noise but I want to make sure my family have a great experience.

If you've stayed in an aft cabin on deck 4 of NA, did you find the dining room noises too intrusive? We were also wondering if the cleaning structure (what the heck is it called??) is permanently located on the side portion of the corner balcony and if so, did it pose any problem. Thank you!

The Eurodam is the 2 year older sister ship to Nieuw Amsterdam and is basically the same. I can show you photos with descriptions of the SC's on Deck 4 here:

http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Eurodam/Deck-4.html The cleaning structure is a Glass railing washer, I believe and is really not that obtrusive.

Joanie

Hi Joanie,

Thank you for your reply! We found your website a while ago and I just wanted to tell you how much we appreciate all the extra information about cabins and decks on all the "Dam" ships. I've yet to read a review from someone who stayed on deck 4 of the NA and was disturbed by too much noise but I would put up with a marching band in the dining room to finally have an aft cabin!

Archived