wine carry on

carriebeth27

Does anyone know if we can carry on a small box of wine instead of a bottle as long as it's not over the 750 ml limit??

Thanks!

The policy uses the word "bottle", so you may run into trouble. It will probably depend on the security agent. I've carried on boxed wine even greater than the 750ml amount, but it was awhile back.

Does anyone know if we can carry on a small box of wine instead of a bottle as long as it's not over the 750 ml limit??

Thanks!

As long as it is not over the 750 limit you should be find - I heard a number of people doing this. Where people run into trouble is when they try to take on 3 and 4 litre boxes - trying to push the limit.

Last cruise we carried on big bottles of wine. 1 bottle each (and a third too!) The security checkers breifly halted us (it was a new trainee) but another quickly said, "no, it's ok to bring wine on." And we were on our way.

The port security is contracted.

I'm not really trying to push the limit, just trying to avoid having to take glass bottles in my checked luggage on the flight in - we get to Charleston around 11:30 am the morning of our cruise and I think we're trying to avoid stopping between the airport and cruise terminal!

Thanks everyone!

Archived