Coco Cay

Has anyone used the kids program at Coco Cay? I noticed they have a program on land and we're thinking about using it for our 3 year old part of the day. Our 6 year old really wants to try snorkeling and this seems like a good time to try it, but I want to make sure the program is good and that the younger one will likely have fun too.

my sons are grown but when they were little they did this. Back then, the staff just played beach games with them and hung out on the island, close by. It wasnt all day just a short time. I dont know what the kids program offers now but I would just take the day and spend it as a family.

Most people just like to take the day and spend it as a beach day as mentioned earlier. In my opinion I would just have a family day. Hope this helps.

Last year our DD (age 6 at the time) wanted to go to AO on Coco Cay so she went after lunch while DH & DS kayaked and I pretended I was a lizard in the sun (ah..... quiet time for mama!) I know there was a special area they kept them in and they did games and crafts and such. She had a good time but she would have a good time no matter what they did-she loved AO and the whole experience. We spent the morning doing the blow up park (Kids LOVED!!!! it) and exploring the fish (did not snorkel but did see quite a few just looking down) and relaxing and exploring the island. I do not think I would have put her in all day long but for an hour or two she enjoyed it.

Newbiecruiser - how old are your other kids? Our youngest will only be 3 so I'm trying to find things that we can all do, the waterpark sounds like fun. If we use AO at Coco cay it will only be for a few hours - just enough time for DH, ODD and I to snorkel, then the rest of the day would be beach time for the whole family.

alcie: Our DS is 13 (was 12 on cruise) The water park is a lot of fun but may be too much for a 3 yr old (don't even know if there is an age requirement). The blow ups are big and even the 6 yr old had some issues with climbing them--she did it but is was work for her. For family fun we really just hung in the water and "faux" snorkeled--we used goggles and stuck our heads down or went under where it was still shallow enough for at least the big folks to stand and hung out on the beach. We also took a trek around the shore to the far part of the beach--much less crowded and the kids saw some stingrays and other fish too.

Archived