Doubletree Cocoa Beach?

I figured that you good folks would probably be the experts when it comes to hotels around Port Canaveral . . . :)

Does anybody have any experience with the Doubletree at Cocoa Beach? I hear such rave reviews of the Radisson, but I'd really like to stay somewhere with direct beach access. I've heard that the CB Holiday Inn is a total dive, and only mixed reviews for the Hilton. I've done searches in several forums for the Doubletree, but nobody gives their impressions of it.

Any advice?

• 3 weeks later...

I had heard from clients in the past that it is the most rundown of all the Doubletrees (which are usually pretty nice) - however, due to hurricane damage they had to step up and do some renovations. The last 2 clients I had at this hotel were very pleased. I guess it is a matter of opinion, hope this helps a bit.

• 4 weeks later...

we (2 adults, 2 kids) stayed at that doubletree and it was a nice place to stay. Rooms were clean and we had a balcony. The pool was nice and you could sit out there with your drinks. We also had dinner there and it was fine too. Right on the beach front too. Sure it's not the best of the best, but for that area I would stay there again before getting on the ship.

On my first cruise (Honeymoon, NCL Seaward) we stopped in Jamaica some months after a hurricane had hit them. At the pre-port lecture, the lecturer mentioned that the hurricane had made 50 million dollars worth of improvements to Jamaica.

I had heard from clients in the past that it is the most rundown of all the Doubletrees (which are usually pretty nice) - however, due to hurricane damage they had to step up and do some renovations. The last 2 clients I had at this hotel were very pleased. I guess it is a matter of opinion, hope this helps a bit.

Archived