dialysis with NXstage

yliebert

My husband uses NXstage for his home hemo. We want to cruise on Princess lines, but it seeems like they are real restrictive re:dialysis. If you have cruised with them please let me know how it went. Also, has anyone done a cruise that originated outside the US? The cruise we are planning on departs from Southampton, UK and I have to ship all the dialysis supplies. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 4 years later...

Let us know if you get any replies to your post ? My husband has been on home haemo for almost a year, and in-centre before that. He is stable and feels well. We want to cruise with our NxStage and are platinum on Princess, so were very discouraged when we inquired about taking the cycler on-board. They don't want the responsibility. However, if we have 2 couples going and we have 2 cyclers and all the extra supplies, I don't see how there can be an issue. Especially when we can assure them that we can deal with any problems ourselves because we would have backup.

Thanks for noticing the date, but this was the only post that mentioned NxStage and Princess cruises. I wondered if they ever got that sorted out, and they managed to cruise with their dialysis machine on Princess after all?

If you left click on yliebert's username, you will get a dropdown box with a menu. Click on 'see all posts by xxxxx'. Click on that, and you can see where they are posting now. It looks like they sailed Princess from Southampton last May, and are booked on a cruise on Princess in March. Go to that roll call and ask your question there. He seems to post frequently...EM