duty free alcohol

asda

going on ventura from manchester airport this friday to barbados and sailing back to southampton,

at manchester can we buy duty free alcohol to take on the cruise ship?.

last year we did it the other way round from southampton to barbados and flew back to manchester so when we boarded we took a few bottles on wine with us

going on ventura from manchester airport this friday to barbados and sailing back to southampton,

at manchester can we buy duty free alcohol to take on the cruise ship?.

last year we did it the other way round from southampton to barbados and flew back to manchester so when we boarded we took a few bottles on wine with us

It said not in our Ventura info, but it's hardly worth it seeing as the spirits are so cheap for your cabin. £12.50 per litre of Bombay Sapphire! We did take a box of wine for the cabin on at Southampton and no one said a word.

I bought a bottle of Liqourice Sambuca @ gatwick to pack in case for home bound journey ... thsi was in hand luggage when we boarded ship and I expected it to be confiscated till the last night -- but no one bothered ... so their scanners are not that strict anyway;)

As said above, the duty free on the ship is very cheap, although you don't get the whole variety of drinks that might be available at the airport.

Regarding during the cruise itself, I brought on board several bottles of rum to take home from different islands, and despite all being scanned I was never asked to hand them in, so they appear pretty relaxed about them.

Archived